Heya. Fat runner no more!

Options
Hi All,

I've posted in a few threads but thought I'd introduce myself. I've struggled with weight for a while. A few years ago I decided to do something about it and signed up for a half marathon. Amazingly, starting in December, I was able to finish the thing in May and I lost quite a bit of weight. I did another that fall and got down to a weight I was pretty happy with. Then I did a third. Then I stopped...

So this summer I was pretty heavy again. About 215 lbs. I'm about six feet tall. So I decided to sign up for my fourth half marathon. I ran like crazy and trained pretty well. I finished the half, but man was I slow. And still fat. I only lost about 10 lbs. So my wife and I made a New Year's resolution and we're sticking to it pretty well. We both signed up for a half in May and got to work training hard and really getting serious about diet for the first time. We joined a gym and signed up with a personal trainer. Sure enough, the pounds started to come off. I'm down 14 pounds since then, or 24 since a year ago. And my running has improved a ton. I put together a training schedule for my wife who is just getting started with running, and I pretty much stuck to the same mileage, but didn't allow any "slow" runs. We're up to a 4 mile long run and I am running well and much faster. And my wife finished today, making it her longest run ever!

Loads of good info and inspiring stories here. Great to pop in and see what everyone is up to.

Oh, the car. It was the only pic I had handy when I signed up. That's our race car. We autocross that 1984 Celica, aka Tom Celica. He has his own facebook page. Pop by and say hi. Built it myself, and really, it's kinda what got me out of the habit of running.

So, that's it! Hi!

Take care,

Ed