Sports bra suggestions for larger chested women

Options
2»

Replies

• MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The VSX Victoria secret incredible sports bra is my new favorite thing ever!!! They come in a variety of larger cups sizes and pretty colors with no uni-boob. I also like under armor.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have several Shock Absorber bras and a couple of the Panache variety. I'm not as large-chested as I used to be when I was overweight, but I still find that Shock Absorbers are great for high-impact. They're very comfortable and supportive. No sore shoulders. The only issue I have with them is the straps coming undone. I've resorted to taping them together in the size I need, because they work themselves loose over time.
    They work more like a traditional all-in-one sports bra, and just jam everything into place, with full boob coverage. It feels a bit like binding. You do get uni-boob, but who cares if nothing bounces?

If you're very large-chested, get the D+, which is even better... but it doesn't come in my size any more. It has an underwire but it's superbly padded.

Panache is better for low-impact, in my opinion. Unlike the Shock Absorber the straps at the back cannot be undone, so that's an all-round plus, but it has underwiring and I find that really uncomfortable when I'm running or doing anything that causes a lot of movement for a long period of time.

You might also find a little bit of comfort in a compression t-shirt over your sports bra.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    *pokes head in excitedly as she puts on her two sports bras before the gym* IN!

My sister also wears two! :laugh:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you have a little money to spend, Modern Comfort has some great ones. I have the Maia and I love it...it cost me approx $55.00.
  • jennahbooboo
    Options
    I just bought one from Victoria's Secret today. Super comfortable and minimal bounce. :smile:
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Champion Full Support bras and Enell
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    *checks out profile pics of larger chested women*
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I've heard of something called Davpul.
    Extremely supportive of larger chested women.

He is not alone in that endeavor.
  • msflynnbly
    msflynnbly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to wear two ha! Now I have a shock absorber vest with built in bra! X
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44DDD and I've never actually owned a sports bra before. I've just worn a regular underwire bra with a compression tank top and a second tank top over top, my sister is also large chested (38DDD) and she wears an underwire bra with a really not good sports bra over top.

However, we just ordered new sports bras from Lane Bryant, and we both ended up choosing the sport by Cacique convertible underwire bra. I can't wait for them to be delivered!

Good luck finding something suitable for your needs :-)
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    panache do great ones (im 34h and it holds them firm!) I got mine fitted at Bravissimo x
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Back when I had big boobs, I used the Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra. It is a great sports bra. You can get it on Amazon :smile:

Only bra I can run in without giving myself two black eyes. I LOVE this bra.

Same here - Moving Comfort Fiona or Maia. They're a bit pricey, but I have been able to find them on sale from time to time. Even at full price they are worth it!
  • pangepange
    pangepange Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Chiming in to throw in support (haha) for the Panache sports bras! I have two of them, and they give such great shape and support that I actually wear them more often than my regular bras. I seriously love this bra.

I have black and aqua-lime and bought it at Bravissimo: http://www.bravissimo.com/products/sale/lingerie/sports-bras/panache-sports-bra/aqua-lime/pr100alm/?
  • IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    Options
    You can try wearing two at a time and see if that helps
  • cdwwench
    cdwwench Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I had such an awful time finding a sports bra, but I did! Essential Bodywear (http://www.essentialbodywear.com/) has representatives that work with you to help you find a bra. I still have to customize it a bit, but since I'm an odd size (38N), I was just glad to find one to fit.