Busty Ladies Who Have Lost Weight Already

Options
This is probably going to sound ridiculous, but here goes. I've been actively working on my healthier lifestyle (cardio 4 to 5 times a week, weights 2 times a week and I aim for 1200 cals a day) for just over 6 weeks now and am getting results, which is great.

When I took my measurements the other day, I was pleased to see the numbers for my waist etc. decrease, but felt slightly panicked when I realized that I was losing about 3 times more inches off my chest then anywhere else. I've had a chest since I was 11 back when I was twigy little thing, so I've always been really busty and I've kind of gotten used to it. I thought maybe I was measuring wrong so I dug out an old, much too small dress, that has boning in it, to see for sure and it fit - so I know the measurements are accurate.

What I am wondering is if this is normal drop, and will it continue to drop so much (we're talking 6 inches in a month here) or will it likely slow down? I don't mind a little reduction but I don't want to be entirely lacking in curves by the time this is done. I was hoping ladies who have already been where I'm at might be able to shed a little light. Thanks!

Replies

• VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Wow. There's a LOT of threads about women concerned about their boobs.

We can't tell you what will happen to you since everyone loses weight differently. Speaking generally, they will probably get smaller since most women don't hoard fat in their boobs and instead tend to keep it in their bellies, hips and thighs. If their size bothers you that much when you reach your goal weight, just get fake ones.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 30 pounds and went from a 38 to a 36 but the cup size stayed the same. My boobs are starting to look huge though because my stomach and hips are getting smaller faster.
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    The size doesn't bother me that much and I would never get fake ones. I was just wondering if it was a normal to drop 6' in a month, that's all. It's no different then some asking if a 15lb weight drop is normal in the first month and goodness knows there are 10,000 forums like that. Also if chatting about boobs irritates you so much, then why would you even click on the thread?
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Frankly, it's probably not "The girls" that are shrinking, but the stuff to the side, and around your back.

I mean, they WILL decrease some. That's just a fact of body fat, but as noted above, they aren't hoarded fat, so not a lot.

Remember, that dress with the boning also has to make it under your arms and around your back.. and fabric is flexible.

(full disclosure: I am a guy, but I have a vested interest in boobs, and I have fit and pinned and tucked a ridiculous number of corsets and bustiers for women).
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback Tia and Congrats on your weight loss so far! That's a good point, I suppose it will all be relative to how I progress with losing inches on other areas of my body. Thanks for the insight :)
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Thanks for the response Ctrum, maybe is it back fat loss, all I know is I've definitely lost at least a cup size, so I just immediately thought that meant that the loss had come directly off my chest.
  • jrojeck
    jrojeck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 25 pounds and I'd been a little plump since high school until I shed the extra weight. I didn't notice any significant size loss in my boobs. They might have reduced in size a pinch but that was all.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The Double Divas (ta ta /bra fitting experts) were on Rachael Ray the other day and they were fitting a woman who had lost a lot of weight. They said that from their experience fitting women who have lost weight, women lose all the cup size they are going to lose within the first 30 pounds. After that, you mainly lose band size. I'm not sure that's scientifically or medically accurate, but these ladies have seen more boobs than just about anyone. I tend to believe them.
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Thank you for the information Callas, I think you're right if anyone would know it's likely them. Also Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response Ctrum, maybe is it back fat loss, all I know is I've definitely lost at least a cup size, so I just immediately thought that meant that the loss had come directly off my chest.

Yes that's true. Bra size is determined by your band size and cup size is determined by the difference between your breast volume and band size. So losing in the band and staying the save cup size means that you lost bot band and boob volume. Losing a band size and cup size going up means that you kept the same breast volume but since the band size decreased the cup size increased

I hope that made sense. Like someone else said, noone can tell you how weight loss will effect you. I know for me when I lost 30 pounds I lost 2 band sizes but since I didn't lose anything in terms of volume my cup size increased by 2
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Another thing I forgot to mention is that it's hard determining loss on terms of sizing unless you're 100% sure you were wearing the correct size to begin with
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Mesha, haha yes, I think that made sense. I know, no one can really tell me how it will affect me. I just thought if I heard some feedback I might get a ballpark idea of what to expect. I'm usually very secure about things but I was just surprised I guess and it made me feel a little apprehensive, like maybe I was going about things incorrectly.
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Oh I was definitely wearing the right size - I get professionally fitted to be sure :)
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    But also, it should begin to even out eventually! When I lose weight, it comes from my waist and thighs first but after a while it starts coming from other areas. So while you may lose a cup size or two, it will probably be proportional in "the end".
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Thanks Pariska! I am losing off other ares too - it's just this one is so much more drastic than the others that it perplexed me. You know, I really felt like an idiot for asking my question, but you guys have honestly helped me see things in a much better perspective. Oh and Congrats on losing 25 lbs!
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    thanks! and no, that's not a dumb question at all. I was so worried that after I lost a little weight that I would have an insanely tiny waist but still have 25 inch thighs! but i've been down 45 pounds before and now know it just takes some parts of my body longer to catch up :)
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Brilliant, I will just be patient and see what happens then :)
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    For me, the weight loss does not come off evenly everywhere. It's like it chooses a spot and then I suddenly shrink down in that area, and then that spot remains relatively stable and another spot loses a bunch. This has happened (that I have noticed) at different times to my upper arms, my back, my chest, and my thighs. At first it kind of freaked me out but it all seems to balance out eventually.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    whether im a size 5 or a size 15 ive always had HUGE cans. they got bigger when i gained weight but have never been smaller than a DD [after puberty obviously]

i wouldn't worry about it that much.
  • Ciniharts
    Options
    Thanks Endof, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who gets little freaked out by sudden measurement changes :) Congratulations on your weight loss!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!