WEIGH IN

susiewusie
susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you weigh more than once a week and log it?

Replies

• vicidoesstuff
    vicidoesstuff Posts: 214 Member
    That's up to personal preference. Most of us log it once a week. You can do it however often you want. I'd recommend once a week as your weight will fluctuate throughout the week.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I weigh every day but only log one time a week.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    I used to try to weigh in for the site once a week - personally I hit the scale every day (I know, not suppose to... :blushing: ). I'm kinda in the maintenance mode right now and weigh in for the site about every 2 weeks. Or if I just have felt changes in my clothes. :flowerforyou:
  • I just bought a scale so I'm weighing in several times a day till the novelty wears off. I am logging my weight everyday because I want to see how it correspondes to my eating and exercise. I'm still trying to figure out what will work long term for me.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    While I was in losing mode, from January thru end of July, I weighed every Monday morning at 5:50am and recorded that weight. In general, I tried NOT to weigh myself except on my weigh in days, as your weigh fluctuates and it can becoming a dead end mind game watching that happen while you are trying to eat right and lose. SO I am a strong proponent of weighing once at the same time each week and recording once.

Now that I am in maintenance mode, I weigh every other day right after I get up as a means to stay accountable for staying within a range of 3-5 pounds of my goal. I do not want to let the pounds start creeping back on and find myself having to lose it all again. So far this has worked for me, though I don't like seeing the weight fluctuations and having to deal with the balancing act it requires. I only record any weight loss/gain about once or 2x a month now on my bathroom mirror so that I can hopefully come to understand that my fluctuations are normal and not to panic each time I see a gain, knowing that just as likely as long as I am eating right and working out I will see a loss that will balance it out.

If you are in losing mode, try weighing yourself once a week at a set time and recording not only on MFP but on your bathroom mirror so that you can visually watch your loss progress! It really helped me stay motivated!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    I try not to weigh in more than 3 days a week. I take the best weight from Sunday and Monday. If it is really good Sunday I will go ahead and weigh in.
  • i've got in the habit of weighing myself everyday sometimes twice, I see it go up then down some but in a way it helps :) keeps me on track......
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Thanks everyone ,I know your supposed to only weigh once a week and I have been trying to do it only once but sometimes I seem to be always on the scales lol in one way its good to keep an eye on yourself :)
  • knittygirl52
    knittygirl52 Posts: 432 Member
    I weigh in every morning, first thing, but only log once a week. The good/bad part about weighing every day is that you see how much weight can fluctuate day to day. That's bad because you could get discouraged, but good because you can see how apparently random it is and know that sometimes the scale goes up for a day or two for no apparent reason and you can chalk it up water gain or whatever.
  • I generally weigh in once a week and log in but occasionally I will jump on the scales midweek, shouldn't I know.:ohwell:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    I had to promise myself if I bought a scale I would only weigh myself once a week. I used to be a scale addict when I was younger and I hadn't weighed myself in years. I did last week and promptly joined this site and 2 days later bought my first scale in about 20 years.
  • I log whenever I notice a change on the scales. I weigh myself every morning just before I jump in the shower (bad I know). I tend not to enter around my time of the month as my weight fluctuates like mad
  • rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    If I don't weigh-in every day, I'll forget to weigh-in at all. I just remind myself that the little fluctuations are just part of the daily weigh-in. I do try to log it every day too, because I'm afraid that if I don't log it everyday I won't log it all. >.>
This discussion has been closed.