I need music please!

Options
Hey, I am getting BORED at the gym! I have about 100 songs on my mp3 player and I need new ones. I love classic rock, anything 70s, 80s, and even 60s motown. But, I don't like country, most techno, and scary rock (disturbed, etc.). Give me songs! Just list away. I have searched high and low but can't find anything else.

Replies

• Violet1980
    Options
    Hey, I am getting BORED at the gym! I have about 100 songs on my mp3 player and I need new ones. I love classic rock, anything 70s, 80s, and even 60s motown. But, I don't like country, most techno, and scary rock (disturbed, etc.). Give me songs! Just list away. I have searched high and low but can't find anything else.
  • mindy77
    mindy77 Posts: 9
    Options
    How about any INXS, Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfiled, Bon Jovi, Centerfold by J. Geils Band, Lynard Skynard, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison - there's a start, hope it helps!

:happy:
  • edyta
    edyta Posts: 258
    Options
    If you are in the US www.pandora.com is a great way to find new music you could like.
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    How about any INXS, Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfiled, Bon Jovi, Centerfold by J. Geils Band, Lynard Skynard, Def Leppard, Motley Crue, Poison - there's a start, hope it helps!

:happy:

Flashbacks, flashbacks, middle school, rewinding the "tape" in the car to learn the words! going and seeing Poison in concert!
    hahahahaa! good times, good times!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    lol ahh I remember being little like 7 or 8 maybe, and running around the pool in the summer while sweet child of mine , and paradise city played on the pool house jukebox lol good times. I'm no help. Occassionally I get my hubby to make a music mix, 1 track that lasts my entire workout. But I need LOUD fast paced screamin music to push my *kitten* lol
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Cheap Trick(my fave), Journey, Reo Speedwagon, Stones, Green Day, White Snake, Zepplin, Alice Cooper, Beatles, Ringo star, Squeeze, Ozzy(good and loud and great for moving) Deep Purple, Queen, Elton, Foo Fighters, REM, Bowie, want more?????????????????????:laugh:
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Tom Jones! Into the Night by Benny Mardones (I am a weirdo!), Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, Billy Joel, Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart :glasses: LOL can you tell I was born in 1982???
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Tom Jones! Into the Night by Benny Mardones (I am a weirdo!), Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams, Billy Joel, Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart :glasses: LOL can you tell I was born in 1982???

That is some good stuff. :glasses: Not gonna tell you what year I was born but it was 24 years before you.:wink:
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    I love

The Outfield - "Your Love"
    Go West - "King of Wishful Thinking"
    Whitney Houston - "Wanna Dance with somebody"/ "How will i know"
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Cheap Trick(my fave), Journey, Reo Speedwagon, Stones, Green Day, White Snake, Zepplin, Alice Cooper, Beatles, Ringo star, Squeeze, Ozzy(good and loud and great for moving) Deep Purple, Queen, Elton, Foo Fighters, REM, Bowie, want more?????????????????????:laugh:

Ozzy, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, Journey...You just described half my playlist! I just got an FM transmitter so I can listen to my mp3 player in the car.
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    Some of my favorites to listen to while working out are Take On My by AhHa, Come on Eileen by Dexi's Midnight Runners and Loose Your Love by the Outfield. 80's music gets me pumped up.
    My playlist also has Led Zepplin, The Cars, Journey, Tom Petty, Rolling Stones, Heart, Boston, Pink Floyd, CCR, Kansas, Head East, REM, Eric Clapton, SuperTramp, Sublime, Breaking Benjamin, Stained. Just to mention a few :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm on a positivity kick:

"Do it Yourself"-- Gloria Gaynor

"Pray for Grace" and "Love Invincible"--Spearhead

"Reach for the Sun" --Polyphonic Spree

"Fear no Evil"--Ann Peebles
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Options
    JOURNEY - "DON'T STOP BELIEVING"
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    The Lovemakers w 50 cent -Shake that A**

Lil mama and chris brown -Shawty get loose

Feist -My moon my man

theres some fun ones
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I listen to Nightwish. Crazyfrog and Tiny Tim when I'm walking, plus anything with cryptic chanting is good. Makes me feel funny. Walking my two dustmops and having Dragula ( by: Rob Zombie) playing. The hounds of hell are loose and I'm walking them:laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    . Walking my two dustmops and having Dragula ( by: Rob Zombie) playing. The hounds of hell are loose and I'm walking them:laugh:

LOL, that sounds familiar. :laugh:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    okay here are some of my fav singers and bands and some of my fav songs from each....

Stevie Wonder: As (great song for running and reminds me of my son so two thumbs up for this one! lol) Boogie on Reggae Woman, Scooby Dooby Doo Da Day (funky o'skool song!)

Ray Charles: I got a woman, Hit the road jack, tell me what I say, (ray can get ya moving!)

Aretha Franklin: Say a little Prayer for You, You better think

The Police: Roxanne, I can't stand losin you, canary in a coalmine

Sheryl Crow: Soak up the sun, the first cut is the deepest and picture w/ Kidd Rock (good cool down songs)

Dropkick Murphy's (my fav local band! and have dark lyrics but booming music!!!) Shipping down to Boston (theme song for the Departed), State of Massachusetts

Nirvana: Smells like teen spirt, Lithium

Nickelback: Rockstar, Someday

Cheap Trick: I want you to want me! lol love that you guys like them too!!

J Giels Band: Centerfold

Elvis Crespo: Suavemente

Gypsy Kings: Bamboleo

the Eagles: Life in the Fastlane, (good running)

Areosmith....too many to mention lol

Van Halen...I love Jamies crying but lots of good ones

Prince...Controversy, love me some o'skool prince!

Oh lol here's some o disco that I love too

Gibson Brother's ....cuba

Machine...there but for the grace of god....oh that one was the jam back in the day LOL

sigh...I wanna go listen to my music....I'm gonna check my lists and come back LOL

hugs!
    Ali
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I dare you to try these:

Ludwig Van Beethoven 's

Symphony No. 2, Movement 3: Scherzo and Movement 4: Allegro Molto

Symphony 7; Movement 3, Presto; and Movement 4, Allegro Con Brio

Symphony 8: Movement 4, Allegro Vivace

Symphony 5: Movements 1 and 3

Actually, try the fast movements of all nine of Beethoven's Symphonys (that would be the ones marked Allegro, Presto, Andante con moto, and Scerzo)
  • GemFB
    GemFB Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Flogging Molly is really upbeat...Keeps me going...And I like the new Kelly Clarkson CD...But it's a bit slow. Hmm...Most of my music is the dark creepy rock...Ooo Rihanna...She's got some nice tracks. Hope that helps.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Flogging Molly is really upbeat...Keeps me going...And I like the new Kelly Clarkson CD...But it's a bit slow. Hmm...Most of my music is the dark creepy rock...Ooo Rihanna...She's got some nice tracks. Hope that helps.

I love some Flogging Molly, it's on my playlist, as it Albanach and some other random Celtic tribal bands (can't beat heavy pounding tribal drums and bagpipes for getting you in the mood for 'war'). I also tend towards darker creepy rock, though I do have quite a lot of heavier Christian bands. (7th Day Slumber, Haste the Day, As I lay Dying, Decyfer Down, RED) as well. My tastes have been called eclectic by more than a few people. In fact at the moment I am listening to 16 Horsepower, which is classified as 'Gothic Alt Bluegrass'. Surprisingly enough...that's a pretty accurate genre for it. They are awesome though. *shrug* I knows what I likes. I knows what I don't likes.