sounds so yummy. Thank you
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump! I'll be trying this!
  • Gatubela01
    Gatubela01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm glad so many of you like this recipe. If you do, you'll have lots of leftover yogurt sauce, which is a great dipping sauce for other veggies or even chicken. I coated some chicken breasts with it and baked them, and they were delicious. So...Bonus!
  • willRUN4Beer
    willRUN4Beer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....I'm going to try this only cutting the cauliflower up a bunch and then roasting it with the sauce.
  • Weezabella
    Weezabella Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Saving...
  • cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this! I ran accross this about a month ago and when I went back to find it so I could make it I couldn't find it. YAY!! I can't wait to try it! :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing "Good Healthy" recipes!
  • cherub_72
    cherub_72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower (from purewow.com)

1tb vegetable oil
    1 head cauliflower
    1.5c plain Greek yogurt
    1 lime, zested and juiced
    2tbs chili powder
    1tb cumin
    1tb garlic powder
    1tsp curry powder
    2tsp kosher salt
    1tsp black pepper

Directions
    1. Pre-heat oven to 400* and lightly grease small baking sheet w/vegetable oil. Set aside
    2. Trim base of cauliflower. Remove green leaves and woody stem.
    3. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt with the lime zest and juice, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, curry powder, salt and pepper.
    4. Dunk the cauliflower into the bowl and use a brush or your hands to smear the marinade evenly over its surface. (Excess marinade can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days and used with meat, fish or other veggies.)
    5. Place the cauliflower on the prepared baking sheet and roast until the surface is dry and lightly browned, 30-40 minutes. The marinade will make a crust on the surface of the cauliflower.
    6. Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes before cutting it into wedges and serving alongside a big green salad.

# of servings?
    size of serving?
    how many calories per serving?
  • Gatubela01
    Gatubela01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    # of servings?
    size of serving?
    how many calories per serving?
    [/quote]

cherub_72

I only use about 1/2 of the yogurt sauce for the entire head of cauliflower, and I cut it into quarters. That's how I input the recipe into MFP, and I got a 73 calorie/serving count. The recipe yields a lot more sauce than I need or like. I'm not sure what the calorie count would be if you use all of the sauce.
  • shazbox1
    shazbox1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You can also just toss it with olive oil and salt. Another favorite of mine is olive oil and spicy steak seasoning.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Bump, will try!
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm in a group on Facebook where this was suggested. The guy posted a pic of it and the link when he was done. It looked really good! (although he said he used too much curry powder haha!)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/126848574105200/
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • crsgoblue
    crsgoblue Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    89e1.gif
  • FeelingFroggy13
    FeelingFroggy13 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tried this recipe a while back. I am not a fan of the overpowering chili, cumin and curry powder. To me, it's too many conflicting strong spices. I will say, if you try this recipe, cut the cauliflower into florets instead of the whole head. The crust is a great, so I will certainly try it again, but change around the spices to something more complimentary to one another.