StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
I had a health check today, my last one was in January of this year, 2010

I weighed 136kg/300lbs, now I'm 119.5kg/263lbs :bigsmile:

There are two other numbers I can compare today was my blood pressure:

It was 135/78 now it is 128/68

and my size around the belly, right over my belly button:

Last January 133cm/52.4" and now 124cm/48.8"

I think this is a significant improvement. :love:

The doctor that I talked to after all the tests were done, (I have to wait a week or ten days to get the blood etc tests results, they will mail them to me) well she was really impressed that I'd lost that much weight since January, I then told her that I'd not started until June, so it was not in 9 months, but in THREE months :noway: and the reason I was getting the health check done over was to just check everything to make sure I was not losing too fast, or causing myself any problems.

She REALLY wanted to know my secret, I told her about MFP and the iPhone app, but it is all in English, but they have similar app in Japanese, the real secret, I told her was that "I" decided to change my lifestyle, that is to NOT go on a diet, but fundamentally change how I live my life and my relationship with food.

I could tell she was really impressed, and she told me to make sure I come again in January, she was very interested to see me again.

My point of posting this is that I know I sometimes get a bit hung up on the numbers on the scale, I know I do a bit, as I tend to plateau for a week or so, then drop again, but there are other important numbers, my blood pressure improving that much, and my belly size decreasing that much really do mean a lot to me, even if my scale seems to be stuck sometimes :explode: :laugh:

Just wanted to share!

Thanks to everyone for your positive attitude and help along the way!

Cheers!

Stu

Tokyo Japan

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!