I read somewhere that whey protein isn't good for you.

I read it has metal or something in it. Please can someone give me some info whether this is true or false?

Replies

• True, but I read some proteins have to much. What would you say is the best brand of whey protein ?
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    GNC Wheybolic extreme 60. Lowest amount of carbs that I've found.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Untrue. Opposite of true.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    I read somewhere that creatine (the most studied supplement in the bodybuilding and fitness industry) is bad for your liver and kidney.. and you should not use it because its very unhealthy because its not natural...

Some things you read you should not believe..
  • I know some people dislike certain brands, but whey protein on its own is fine. There's nothing unnatural about it, it literally just comes from milk.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    There was an article that was published a few years ago that showed contaminates testing results for a large variety of protein powders. I believe Muscle Milk was one of the worst offenders, but the company fixed the problem. I'm on my phone but someone else may be able to post a link.
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    I've found a some varying info on whey protein too - some claim it's bad quality protein coming from waste products, others poo-poo the supplements saying they're not as natural as eating real food...

I'm still not totally convinced on Whey protein as a regular substitute for food (based on my reading) but I think it'd still be an effective accompaniment to strength training and cardio training sessions.
  • There was an article that was published a few years ago that showed contaminates testing results for a large variety of protein powders. I believe Muscle Milk was one of the worst offenders, but the company fixed the problem. I'm on my phone but someone else may be able to post a link.

I think that's the article and it said an organic brand whey protein named tera's or something? I just wanted to ask what other people thought of it. You guys are right I definitely should not believe everything I read lol
  • I just want to use whey protein for bodybuilding!
  • Thanks everyone!????
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    I read somewhere that it was fine.
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Two in every one person grows a third head.

Apart from that you're fine.