Squatting unevenly.

Options
As I'm squatting I've realised that my right leg seems to be higher than my left leg when I'm coming out of the squat.
I'm squatting a fairly low weight at the minute (12kg) just trying to concentrate on form but I can only see this getting worse as I move up through the weights.
Any ideas what it could be?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    It could be one of a few reasons. The best solution is to have your form checked by a good personal trainer. Next best thing is to upload vids of yourself squatting, shot from both the front and side, at thigh level.

Do you have any old leg injuries?
  • jobegone
    Options
    You probably just have a weaker side so you're over compensating on your stronger leg. This happens me, concentrate on distributing weight evenly and specifically focusing on using your weaker leg to drive through.

Good to hear your focused on form :) good luck
  • Seekerman
    Seekerman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When I tried squats (not doing them now). I would come up all uneven unless I used less weight. My left side was weaker. Later found out it was due mainly to mal alignment of my hips. I got corrected but tend of fall out of alignment rather easy.
  • OverDoIt
    OverDoIt Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Use a smith machine, or in a pinch, you can do heavy lunges and step ups. When one side of the body is weaker than the other, it is time to isolate both sides to make them even. Improper form and uncomfortable positioning will only add to injury and defeat. I know you can do it.