crossfit

Options
Any crossfit guys or gals out there? Would love to share this journey.

Replies

• tarahill802
    Options
    I do crossfit 5 days a week and I try to run 3 days a week. I LOVE crossfit. I have workout my whole life, but never have I had results like I get from crossfit! It can be challenging at times, but very rewarding in the end. If you stick with it, do it on a regular bases, you will be happy with what you see. Although, you it is not a 'weight loss' program. You can sometimes gain weight because of gaining muscle. :)

Good lucK!
  • TheApocalypse
    TheApocalypse Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I Crossfit as well... wouldn't have my workout any other way!....... but careful bringing it up in the forums because the "normies" tend to get offended by us elites... :laugh:
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do Crossfit 5 days per week and its the main part of my overall workout routine. (Along with a sound nutrition plan, of course!). I really enjoy the variety of workouts and have seen good results from it. Like most things, you have to like it to stick with it. Depending on your goals, Crossfit could be a great program for you. Let me know if you have any questions about my experiences with it - I'd be happy to answer them.
  • osothefinn
    osothefinn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I Crossfit as well... wouldn't have my workout any other way!....... but careful bringing it up in the forums because the "normies" tend to get offended by us elites... :laugh:

Congratulations, you pick heavy stuff up and put it down mixed in with aerobic exercise. obviously that makes you exactly like a Navy SEAL.
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    bumping for more information
  • TheApocalypse
    Options

Congratulations, you pick heavy stuff up and put it down mixed in with aerobic exercise. obviously that makes you exactly like a Navy SEAL.

You are exactly the kind of person I am talking about... no sense of humor.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is a lot of fun, its hard work, enjoy it (pay attention to form is true in all exercises but with this style of workout, really concentrate when you start getting high in reps)

After struggling with the times offered at our local Crossfit (we just wanted to be done earlier), a group of 15-20 guys do a workout in a warehouse we share with a high school baseball team. We rent it from them from 5:00am-7am but it is not official Crossfit so I wont say we are but its style is very similar . With retire professional athletes and their trainers advice, we have a safe, challenging workout routine thats hard but fun.

Go for it
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

Why be negative like that, even if you didnt realize his laugh emoticon was self deprecating.

Hey, congrats on the weight loss ... almost at 100, that impressive (I am NOT being sarcastic), that is legit keep it up.
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Agreed. I didn't even think his snarky comment warranted a response.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Great group of Crossfitters here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/99-crossfit-love

Also, beware the PM from Health_Gal. It's coming. I promise.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Actually his post was a lot funnier than yours....(he didn't even need to add a emoticon)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I tried the "ten minute intro" class... ummm.... ouch. Walked like a duck for a week. I'm sticking with yoga! HOWEVER... what a great way to get fit! It's never boring, always dynamic, and you will definitely be more fit for it! Good luck and enjoy it!
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    crossfit all day ;)
  • TheApocalypse
    Options
    Haters%2BGonna%2BHate_0dd058_3113024.jpg
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just started Crossfit after not being able to take off any weight for awhile. I have loved every minute of it and I'm so glad that I took the plunge.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I've been doing crossfit for 2 years, it helped me heal up a broken ankle/strengthen the muscles to help keep from re-sprain/breaking.

My box is an amazing place and everyone feels like family, I'm not sure what I'd do without them!!