Weight loss and lean body mass

Options
I've been working on weight loss since end of September when primary care doc told me to lose weight because my blood pressure was up. Blood pressure down from around 155/95 to usually under 130/75 with no meds; that's good. BMI from 31.5 to 27. Weight from 214 to 183. Concerned about lean body mass. Have been monitoring with Aria scale. Not sure that I am confident in accuracy. Fat% down from 31 to 26. Declining curve but plateaued. Lean mass increased month of December but has been declining. High of 143 to around 135. Have increased protein, decreased carbs. Working on activities. Try to maintain 10k steps, and some exercise bike work. Just added some resistance training at the gym and plan to add some workouts at home. Any feedback or suggestions welcome. My weight and body fat charts at: https://trendweight.com/u/88675b48c20c42/.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My understanding on how to maintain LBM is to get in enough protien....

0.8g of protien per lb of LBM and do strength training 3x a week with a steadily increasing weight lifting program.

BF% going down is always a good thing and losing 8lbs of LBM for 41lbs of weight doesn't seem too bad...that is 1lb of lbm for every 4lbs of fat...

I will follow to see what other responses are from more knowledgable people.
  • johnthomasmoore
    johnthomasmoore Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Good advice.