Lost 25 pounds in peri-menopause

Options
I am down 25 pounds, from an all time high of 185 to 154. I found I had to give up sugar completely before I could lose the weight. I went through withdrawal including headaches, nausea and fatigue. It was only after I gave up sugar that I was able to give up other white things like bread, pasta and potatoes. I feel pretty great and had the break through only when I was able to finally agree with myself that I would not eat sugar again. Had struggled for many years.

Replies

• Gemmz2014
    Options
    That's fantastic! How long did it take to lose the weight? How many calories were you eating?

I have given up sugar (junk food) for 21 days. Today is one week.
  • hbwright74
    hbwright74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear this. I'm 39 and have early peri-menopause symptoms after struggling with PCOS my whole life. It's kind of a cycle. You gain weight because of the hormonal imbalances but can improve the symptoms by losing weight. I'm also very concerned about osteoporosis as it runs strong in my family. I figure this just gives me an early start and by the time I'm completely menopausal I'll be in the best shape of my life. ;) Still eating sugars and high carb foods though. Maybe when I get my protein at goal I'll work on decreasing the bad things as I add to the good. Still learning and trying to balance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!