Need some guidance

Options
Hi Fellow MFP people

Well I have around 14-17lbs to lose and ive set my goal at 0.5lb a week loss as I feel this is realistic. I workout 4-5 times a week I do school run (walk) around 20 mins a day 5 days a week and I do jogging and some kick boxing on xbox and will soon start the biggest loser as I am a stay at home mum I cant get to the gym so im mainly working out at home.
Well I eat around 1800-2000 calories a day on average and work off around 300-400 of those but I don't eat back the deficit as I want to lose weight am I doing this right? any suggestions comments welcome I can handle tough talk oh and my weakness is cake and pastry so anything lower in cals and fat highly welcome, should I do weights as well as cardio im wanting to tone up and lose weight not sure if these 2 things go together? also what activity level would I be? as I vary daily but I do at least 20 mins exercise every day even if just walking or cleaning?

Replies

• martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I don't eat calories burned because you can never really know how accurate that reading is.

If you feel full on 1800-2000 then don't eat them back. If you feel you need to, eat half or 1/3 of them back.

My weakness is cake and pastry shops too! lol. I live 2 minutes away from an Italian bakery so it's a daily struggle! Don't ignore foods you love either. I eat that stuff every other day or so. Just TRY to estimate how many calories are in it and log it if not info is given on a label.

Or make your own cake (I do that a lot)

Weight resistance training on Monday-Wednesday-Friday and light cardio (20-30 minutes of resistance eliptical/ stair climber / or light running/ walking your dog) on days not lifting is PERFECT. It's what I personally do so don't let anyone tell you it's too much because it's not. Set your activity level to 1-3x a week exercise (< what mine is set on)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Eat the calories MFP gives you. If you want, eat a portion of your exercise calories back.

As far as activity, I only log exercise as exercise (SAHM as well). I do not count daily activities as exercise, such as walking the kids to the bus stop, walking the dog, cleaning, running errands, etc. Those are all things I do each day and therefore my body has adapted to that level of activity, it's not above and beyond normal activity. I do home workout DVDs as my exercise, and log that calorie burn. I have myself as lightly active in MFP, but just manually upped my calories a bit because I was losing more each week than I wanted.

Here is a good source of information: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks

That's great info will do exactly that and yeah I feel full and so don't eat back calories unless I feel I need to