Help! I'm HUNGRY! (women only)

Options
Help All! I am in desparate need for some support! It's only 9:45 in the morning and I'm already into my third snack! So far today I've eaten dry multigrain cheerios, activia yogurt, special K bar, and 10 peanut butter pretzels!!! I usually eat that (or less) in the morning before lunch. Any ideas to get me over this hump, make it thru lunch without blowing my calories for the day...oh, and did I mention that it's TTOTM?

Replies

• FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Drink Lots and lots of water. I noticed that in your listing there are no proteins... Maybe you could look at adding some of those in the morning. More protein in the AM is better as your body will suck it up and make some muscles instead of fat (which is what happens when we eat many carbs in the AM). Your body has been starving overnight, so it's important to feed it lean proteins and good carbs (without sugar) to build it up lean! Plus proteins will sustain you for much longer!

If you're able to make a snack right now, I would suggest can of tuna (in water) with 1/2 avocado and 1 tbsp of fat free miracle whip. Its yummy and will make you full for at least 3 hours!!! If not today, try it another day - I eat it as my mid-morning snack :) Cheers!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    when you still feel hungry, DRINK WATER!! even between bites of food.It will make you feel more full more quickly. You might be mistaking hunger for dehydration. Drink an 8oz glass of water and see how you feel after that :)
  • 1Steph1
    1Steph1 Posts: 145
    Options
    YOu really should be having some snacks with more protein. Keeps you full for way longer :)
  • rymattsmom
    rymattsmom Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    i agree with the above gals. drinking lots and lots of water/ice tea/crystal light really curbs your appetite, makes you feel full, your skin will look better and you will find you eat a little less!
    try it!
    andrea
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Drink plenty of water & have fiber in the morning. Fiber fills you up. I have hot tea as one of my snacks 0 calories
  • fitgirl4life
    fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've just posted a blog about how to control hunger, it might give you some tips!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fitgirl4life/view/hungry-all-the-time-what-worked-for-me-40038
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree with everyone else... protein! Your morning breakfast should be a meal, not snack foods. Yogurt is OK for a protein, but non-fat Greek yogurt will give you more protein than the Dannon.

I've been eating oatmeal quite often for breakfast. It's very filling and good for you. I don't buy the instant stuff though. I buy the regular slow oats (5 minute cooking time), but I just microwave it for about 2 minutes. And I've found that 1/4c (dry) is plenty for one serving. But, I do always pair that up with a good protein source. If I can't have eggs or egg whites, I'll use the Greek yogurt or any leftover lean protein that I had for dinner the night before. Yes, for breakfast, I'll eat chicken breast, pork tenderloin, turkey patties, etc.

You feel full or very satisfied after breakfast. My breakfast today was 1/4c oats, 1/2 banana mashed into that, 6oz greek yogurt with a little organic fruit spread & spenda. I'm totally full!
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Drink plenty of water & have fiber in the morning. Fiber fills you up. I have hot tea as one of my snacks 0 calories

Just a thought... I wouldn't recommend having tea as a snack (if you aren't going to have anything else with it). The reason to have snacks isn't just so you feel full and you eat less. The reason to snack is to keep your metabolism working! Something with 0 calories will not keep your metabolism going.
  • jamie1888
    Options
    I've just posted a blog about how to control hunger, it might give you some tips!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/fitgirl4life/view/hungry-all-the-time-what-worked-for-me-40038

Excellent! Couldn't agree more!
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    try eating a breakfast and or snacks with higher amounts of protein and fiber. :) (fibrous carbs help regulate blood sugar). You can try a hard boiled egg, almond butter with apple slices and a cheese stick etc. etc.
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the great replies. I usually have Fiber One cereal with my yogurt but ran out yesterday, therefore, had a weak replacement (multi grain cheerios) this morning, thinking it would do the same thing...guess not. My stomach is growling but thankfully it's almost lunch time...
  • jamie1888
    Options
    Thanks all for the great replies. I usually have Fiber One cereal with my yogurt but ran out yesterday, therefore, had a weak replacement (multi grain cheerios) this morning, thinking it would do the same thing...guess not. My stomach is growling but thankfully it's almost lunch time...

The difference in fiber MAY be the difference. However, I would still urge you to increase your protein intake for breakfast.