Vegetarian it's not a STD

Options
Sorry I thought the subject title was funny. I previously posted for friends that might have some similar eating habits, but every shied away from it. Vegetarian in the title is like the plague. Looking for a few veggie friends with open diaries. I've been steadily logging my food for over a month. Not the best cheerleader, but I've been trying to comment back on others logging. I've been a vegetarian for almost 20yrs meat doesn't bother me in fact I cook it 1 or 2 a week for my 14year old. I just don't eat it.

Replies

• yaddayaddayadda
    yaddayaddayadda Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Please don't tell anyone... If you want to friend me, feel free:-)
  • Bekkah1552
    Options
    Hi there!

I followed a strictly vegetarian diet for about a year... and now I go back and forth between vegetarian meals and meals with meat (mostly because of my 14 year old son as well!) :smile: When I eat more vegetarian based meals, I do notice that I feel better and have more energy :smile: :smile:
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian here. There are lots of us about.
    My partner eats meat but veggie at home cos I do the cooking
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The title is funny in a werid way. I have been a vegetarian my whole life. My husband eats meat once in a while when we go out. I think it is an individual choice. I have three children and I have told them at 12 they can decide what to eat within reason. My oldest just turned 12 in December and he thought he was going to eat meat but when it came time he could not do it. I did not make him feel bad but told him when he is ready to let me know.
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    But... what if, like, you have unsafe sex with a vegetable?? You know, it can happen... you have one too many at the bar and before you know it you're doing a pea against the wall.

Be careful out there!
  • mkey98901
    mkey98901 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The title is funny in a werid way. I have been a vegetarian my whole life. My husband eats meat once in a while when we go out. I think it is an individual choice. I have three children and I have told them at 12 they can decide what to eat within reason. My oldest just turned 12 in December and he thought he was going to eat meat but when it came time he could not do it. I did not make him feel bad but told him when he is ready to let me know.
  • dunderhill1
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and do not eat table sugar....feel free to look at my diary. I have found all sorts of delicious things at the grocery store Natural Grocers, where I shop. I have found chocolate bars you can eat the whole bar!) sweetened with stevia, gluten free cookies sweetened with fruit juice etc! I also make bean burgers, veggie stews etc. I believe it's easier to lose weight vegetarian as long as you don't eat too much cheese! :) I also have to take an iron supplement made by proferrin. You can order a month for $20 or so online. If you are active, your iron intake should be between 30-60mg....I end up taking two a day and 3/day when I workout, bc you lose iron through sweat. I have seen a lot of unhealthy pale vegetarians bc they do NOT supplement their iron. Plant based is not absorbed into the body as well as heme(animal) based iron...this is also another important fact for people who think they can take beet iron and get the same effects. Nope. Your heart and brain will thank you and your feet/hands will never be cold again!

Hope this info was helpful!
    -Di
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I like the title :-) I'm not vegetarian, but Plant based and whole foods. I eat a little meat and a few eggs but no dairy, oils, processed foods, refined anything, etc. etc. I also juice.

This is a new (and exciting) change I've made after a lot of nutritional research and a 10 day juice fast. I don't log my food anymore, it's too time consuming and I need all the time I can get with how much food prep I have to do now :laugh:

Anyway, I would like some vegetarian friends whose diaries I can look at for ideas and recipes :-)
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Vegan and Highly raw but feel free to add me
    i won't tell you how terrible dairy is for you too much haha
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    "an" STD
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    I just want this on my wall. Carry on.
  • nickowastaken
    nickowastaken Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    "an" STD

"...an Sexually Transmitted Disease..." — I don't think so, son.
    xoxox The Grammar Police.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    "an" STD

+1
  • marcusbrooks
    Options
    I am a recovering Vegetarian, I will NOT go back!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    you're right... I only get STDs from meat
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

FTW!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't judge me we can be friends. I can not/will not meet my nutrition goals without meat.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

I said I was sorry.....what else do you want from me...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    "an" STD

"an STD" (since it's pronounced es....which starts with a vowel)

"a sexually transmitted disease"

Why can't we all just get along???
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    "an" STD

If it's intended to be pronounced as an acronym you go by the first letter.

"An ess tee dee" is actually correct. You don't go by the full words the acronym stands for.