Alcohol

2»

Replies

• Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    For me personally I cannot lose weight drinking alot. But I dont drink anywhere near one. I use to work out and eat healthy and was drinking 3 nights a week. I couldnt lose any weight and then stopped drinking for a while and lost 32 pounds. After a while I slowed my working out down a little and went back to drinking and gained 30 pounds back in a year. I think it effects everyone different and it depends on what you drink and how much? I like those dark liquors so Im just trying to stop all together.

The question is what were you drinking?

beer, wine, rum, scotch, everclear, vodka, and a singapore sling are all "alcohol".

It's not the alcohol itself.. it's what it's carried in that you really need to be concerned with.

Since you seem to be a newbie to MFP, can you please give us some back ground and what your experience is to be giving such advice?
  • Ctrum69
    Ctrum69 Posts: 308 Member
    For me personally I cannot lose weight drinking alot. But I dont drink anywhere near one. I use to work out and eat healthy and was drinking 3 nights a week. I couldnt lose any weight and then stopped drinking for a while and lost 32 pounds. After a while I slowed my working out down a little and went back to drinking and gained 30 pounds back in a year. I think it effects everyone different and it depends on what you drink and how much? I like those dark liquors so Im just trying to stop all together.

The question is what were you drinking?

beer, wine, rum, scotch, everclear, vodka, and a singapore sling are all "alcohol".

It's not the alcohol itself.. it's what it's carried in that you really need to be concerned with.

Since you seem to be a newbie to MFP, can you please give us some back ground and what your experience is to be giving such advice?

Common sense?
  • SandraD1424
    SandraD1424 Posts: 81 Member
    I'm a drinker too. Last time I lost weight I didn't change anything except the mix so I've started doing that this time too. Vodka and Crystal Light flavoured water. I have been drinking a crap load of pop as mix for rye and dark rum the last 6 months, so I've switched back to vodka and the CL water. I'm thinking about getting a sodastream to carbonate the CL water just for fun.

In the past I have ordered vodka/water at the bar and just add a little of the CL singles pack. I usually mention it to a server so they know what's up when they see me adding this stuff!
    I do the same thing with the Crystal Light :)
  • It's been a long time but I used to go onto getdrunknotfat.com LOL! to see what was 'safe' to drink while keeping the cals down and getting me buzzed at the least. I believe I used to enjoy 'Knob Creek' a lot.
  • Panthers89
    Panthers89 Posts: 153 Member
    I drank wine and beer on Saturday and beer on Sunday. I also drank a few beers on Thursday. I work out a little longer when I know I'll be drinking later the same evening.

I was certain with yesterday's Super Bowl I would go over my calorie goal. I had 5 beers over the course of the day but I ate nacho chips (which I have mostly eliminated from my diet over the past 3 years), and I am carrying extra water weight as I weighed in this morning. It will be gone by Wednesday, and I've already had 8 cups of water this morning.

It's water weight, just stick to your diet plan and meet your calorie goal and it will be OK in a few days.
  • I lost 80lbs, and maintain it, while having red wine every day.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    I drink wine or been often. I have still lost weight.

Unless you ate about 7000 calories a day this weekend, you did not gain 5lbs. It's water weight.

3500 calories per pound *5 pounds +1800 calories *3 days (for assumed maintenance) = 22,900 calories.

2,900 calories / 3 days = 7633 calories per day.