Easy Chocolate "Waffle" Dessert

Options
sdionnemoore
sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
Grab a Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix and add in 3 eggs, the 1 cup water, and substitute 4 ou. unsweetened applesauce for the oil. Mix as directed. Heat up waffle iron (I used a Belgian Waffle iron) and pour about 1/4 cup of batter. Let cook until your desired consistency--longer means a little more crisp on the edges.

This recipe made 19 waffles for me. They are delicious and would make a great quick dessert (strawberries and whipped cream!). In the summer one waffle sliced in half with a scoop of ice cream in the middle, or fat free whipped cream (freeze until firm), and you have a yummy ice-cream sandwich.

Cal count is 122 per waffle!

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ooooooooh thanks.
  • janniesue51
    janniesue51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Grab a Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix and add in 3 eggs, the 1 cup water, and substitute 4 ou. unsweetened applesauce for the oil. Mix as directed. Heat up waffle iron (I used a Belgian Waffle iron) and pour about 1/4 cup of batter. Let cook until your desired consistency--longer means a little more crisp on the edges.

This recipe made 19 waffles for me. They are delicious and would make a great quick dessert (strawberries and whipped cream!). In the summer one waffle sliced in half with a scoop of ice cream in the middle, or fat free whipped cream (freeze until firm), and you have a yummy ice-cream sandwich.

Cal count is 122 per waffle!
  • janniesue51
    janniesue51 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    wow - that's sounds so good!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yummy
  • countrybabe23
    Options
    Yum! I'll be making these :)