I love binge eating!!! HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I used to love it. I still do. The only reason why I'm not doing anymore is because I *can't* do it. It's not good for me, for my body and for my mind, even though I crave food I know it's not going to be good to fill myself up with unhealthy amounts of food.
    You have to think at stopping binging like a medicine, you might not like taking it but you know you need to. As soon as you start to feel emotionally better because you're detatching yourself from the bad habit, you're going to find it easier to go on.

Great answer here! She has changed from thinking about loving this bad behavior, to thinking about what's so bad about it.

So the question you should answer is: why do you really want to quit if you love it so much? Answering that question honestly and completely will allow you to become truly motivated. Good luck!
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I try to keep myself between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. As far as sweets, to stay at the 1200, I can't really allow myself more than 100-200 calories for sweets. To stay under 1400, I could have a little bit of wiggle room up to 300-400. But I would honestly suggest more of keeping sweets to once a week. I have sooo many problems with this myself, I'm basically addicted to chocolate. It's really hard for me to stay at my calorie limit if I eat sweets everyday. Pinterest has TONs of ideas for home made low calorie sweets and snacks too! Thats a big help too!
  • chameleonish
    chameleonish Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here's a text that has been posted on this site a couple of times but that gave me insight in the mechanisms behind binging: http://www.prevention.com/weight-loss/weight-loss-tips/what-binge-eating-really-means (link of copy on MFP in case outside links aren't allowed: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/647720-stolen-a-binge-is-a-message-by-geneen-roth)

Many valuable tips have already been shared here. Just two weeks ago I was still binging daily. I restarted MFP on the 2nd of June and that has currently stopped my binges, because I have insight in what I am eating, when I am hungry, and which calories are really "worth it".

That being said, the chance of me going back to binging is extremely high. I think allowing yourself a daily treat is indeed important (black chocolate all the way for me!) and I think focusing on other things is equally important: not binging frees up so much time for me, to clean up my house, to get my school work in order, ...

I know how much fun binging can be. But it's important for your body for you to find this joy in other, more healthy things. Best of luck!