What is your favorite to cook on the Foreman Grill?

Options
ftknocker
ftknocker Posts: 7 Member
I don't have anyting in particular, but would like to learn new things to cook on mine! Figure it's been just sitting in the pantry and used once in awhile. But since I am working on losing weight and watching what I'm eatting "again". I think I am gonna be using that more often again! Tonight I am gonna make pork chops on it!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Because it is so easy, I love a lot of stuff on it. I bought a pump spray from William Sonoma (sp) and put my own olive oil in it but you can buy Pam.

Steak, fish (especially salmon or other hearty types like sword or tuna), boneless chicken breasts, boneless pork chops, lamb chops, burgers, turkey sausage.

Veggies- when I bake potatoes I do extra and put in the fridge, white or yams. The next night is slice 1 inch thick spray both sides and grill. Zucchini is awesome halved sprayed and put on the grill.

Even tomatoes can be done like that with mushrooms after your meat is done, to put atop said meat

I know there is more, because Mr. Foreman never gets put away
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Shrimp!
  • Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oreos.

Try it. You'll thank me later.
  • Jjsharry
    Jjsharry Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I love my GF. Here in the UK, if you live out in the sticks, you don't get mains gas, so you cook on solid fuel, oil or electricity. None of these are great for grilling stuff, too slow to heat up, and especially inefficient if you are cooking for one. The old GF grill sorts this, so I tend to find I use it quite a lot.

But I have to say, low fat feta cheese toasted whole grain sandwiches take a lot of beating. :happy:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Shrimp!

OO yah! I forgot. I am getting this with kabob stuff. Thanks!
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love using it as a panini press. Also press fish and cole slaw shreds in a corn tortilla on it.sooo good.

Oh and recently put a banana on it..good stuff
  • Soufre
    Soufre Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I like making paninis on mine. I cook most of my meat on it because it's just so convenient and easy to clean.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Grilled Cheese Sandwich
    Grilled Tuna Sandwich
    Grilled Tuna and Cheese Sandwich
    (I sense a theme!)
  • judykat7
    judykat7 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Not a GF but a griddler delux. Grilled cheese-Italian bread sliced 3/8", misted with Olive oil, smoked swiss, bacon, and brisket-375 for 4 minutes top and bottom heat elements working. Deelish. Also have done Chicken thighs and pork chops.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I keep a small one at my desk in the office so I can grill veggies for a salad. I also use it for paninis too. Once in a while I will also grill some protein at the office too. Basically there is nothing that you can't make on one.
  • Zombielicious
    Zombielicious Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Over the last few days I have made chicken breasts, tuna steaks, salmon, my kids' grilled cheese, bacon, and zucchini. I cook pretty much everything on it. I don't use my stove top very often.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Because it is so easy, I love a lot of stuff on it. I bought a pump spray from William Sonoma (sp) and put my own olive oil in it but you can buy Pam.

Steak, fish (especially salmon or other hearty types like sword or tuna), boneless chicken breasts, boneless pork chops, lamb chops, burgers, turkey sausage.

Veggies- when I bake potatoes I do extra and put in the fridge, white or yams. The next night is slice 1 inch thick spray both sides and grill. Zucchini is awesome halved sprayed and put on the grill.

Even tomatoes can be done like that with mushrooms after your meat is done, to put atop said meat

I know there is more, because Mr. Foreman never gets put away

This is awesome!! May I ask for how long and at what temperature you cook them? And thank you for posting OP! I have a George foreman and always wanted to use it but never knew how.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I really have no clue how to cook. I think I made chicken before using this bad boy but i overbooked it cause I was so paranoid. Also, EVERYBODY puts cooking oil first? I thought with a "grill" you didn't need to! :(

Also are they all the same or are there different models now? I think mines several years old but is like new because it never gets used lol

I didn't even know I could make grilled veggies with it! I guess I thought they would break or just get smushed. Grilled veggies are my fave.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't put anything on the stuff so far. If you do, it's just for flavor really.

I've only done chicken breasts, burgers and sausages so far. It's definitely used a lot. I have a panini press for paninis so I just use that one... although this one is easier to clean so I should use it instead, lol.

I definitely got to try yellow squash, peppers and zucchini.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Quesadilla, paninis, and kabobs are my favorites.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. I just was mentioning that I have a grill and haven't used it for a long time. Need to try it out again. I have a BBQ but right now, encased in snow!
  • rebeccatackett
    rebeccatackett Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do lots of chicken breast, steak, pork chops, turkey breast, burgers, grilled veggies. The only seasoning I use is Mrs. Dash. I'll buy about five different flavors at a time and whatever I feel like, I put on it. Any veggie that you can slice and put on it, you can grill. I haven't tried fish on it but I usually just broil those in the oven with some Mrs. Dash. I would suggest a meat thermometer. My GF, you just plug in and it cooks. There is no temperature setting. I use the meat thermometer to make sure that the meat gets cooked til its done without overcooking, usually 160. Your meat packages will tell you what temperature to cook it to.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Bump for ideas. Got a used grill a year or so ago and have yet to actually use it....
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Bacon.