Cardio 5 Days a week

Options
Ok so Im confused and need a little help here. I want to lose fat and tone so how many times should I do cardio a week and weight train. I have been reading info and all of its really confusing.Oh by the way Im trying to lose 50 pounds I try to do cardio 5 days a week so that I can burn more fat! PLEASE HELP!!!:noway:

Replies

• ladydi
    ladydi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok so Im confused and need a little help here. I want to lose fat and tone so how many times should I do cardio a week and weight train. I have been reading info and all of its really confusing.Oh by the way Im trying to lose 50 pounds I try to do cardio 5 days a week so that I can burn more fat! PLEASE HELP!!!:noway:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You could do cardio 5 days a week depending on what you are doing. Do weight training 2 or 3 times a week with at least one day rest in between. If you do a lot of weight training/circuit training, you could skip the cardio workout that day. And of course watch your calories!! Good luck!!
  • dmazza15@comcast.net
    Options
    I have read that doing cardio one and then weights the next is a good way to break it up and to see results. I hope this helps.:wink:
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You could do cardio 5 days a week depending on what you are doing. Do weight training 2 or 3 times a week with at least one day rest in between. If you do a lot of weight training/circuit training, you could skip the cardio workout that day. And of course watch your calories!! Good luck!!

How long per session? I walk 1 mile 3x's a day - usually after each meal. Is this ok.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    make sure your cardio is 20 minutes noon-stop. If you do at least this amount of time non-stop 4 times per week your metabolism will burn calories at that higher rate. It is a principle called Oxygen Debt. Not dangerous and comes directly from an MD specializing in weight loss.
  • MDnns
    MDnns Posts: 18
    Options
    Here are a couple of sites to explain the difference in cardio workouts. Not all cardio workouts will produce the results you are looking for if you are not working out at the correct level for maximum fat burning for your body. These sites can help you determine your best level of workout for the results you want.

http://loseweightforgoodchallenge.blogspot.com/2007/11/fat-burning-zone-vs-cardio-zone-which.html

http://ezinearticles.com/?Fat-Burning-Zone-Vs.-Cardio-Training-Zone&id=306481
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    You can do cardio almost every day, my advice is to vary the type and intensity so that you don't get bored.

Weight training, on the other hand, should not be done everyday, unless you are varying which muscle groups you are working. Your muscles need recovery time, essential to the process of building muscle mass.

:flowerforyou: