Any non-specific success stories?

Options
EvgeniZyntx
EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
I'm looking for success stories that aren't specific to a social group, gender, race, species, age, nationality, language group, parental status or quantum state. Truly, are there any threads out there that gave a success story of someone that will create an all inclusive common ground for every man, woman, chinchilla and hamster on this site?

Or can we sometimes have a simple affinity to people with whom we share some random common trait that we consider part of our identity?

We are all here for the same thing. Aren't we?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    In the past year I have made great personal strides towards better physical health. I try to do strength training regularly and have seen a very nice increase in strength and overall quality of life. I work outdoors and prior to that I was struggling some days, but that is the thing of the past.

I have also recently added running into the mix and have seen surprising progress on that front, even if compared to others I still suck. :)
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Who let the hamsters on here!?!?

:explode:
  • LynndaMaree
    LynndaMaree Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for which I may or may not be inspired by these stories with which I may have no affinity or identity whatsoever.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    Who let the hamsters on here!?!?

:explode:

That's hamsterist!
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I think it is impossible. Any success story, non-specific or not, will exclude those who have never succeeded. The success will inevitably make all the failures feel bad. No "all-inclusive common ground" exists.

This entire section of success stories should probably just be removed from the site.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I think it is impossible. Any success story, non-specific or not, will exclude those who have never succeeded. The success will inevitably make all the failures feel bad. No "all-inclusive common ground" exists.

This entire section of success stories should probably just be removed from the site.

Agree. Won't someone think of the failures? Do they not have feelings?

Down with success stories!
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm a human that has lost 13 lbs. so far... Nowhere near my goal, but all pounds lost are success right?

:wink:
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

What about all of the other sections of the forum where people disagree on a topic? Is there anything more divisive than disagreement?
  • Achrya
    Options
    I'm a human that has lost 13 lbs. so far... Nowhere near my goal, but all pounds lost are success right?

No.

After all some people aren't here to lose weight. They're here for fitness goals, to gain weight, to maintain weight, or to enjoy cat gifs. To boil success down to 'pounds lost' is dismissive of all of those people.

Shame on you.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

That's lossist!

Not everyone is here to lose weight.

:angry:
  • ebayaddict0127
    Options
    Ok well fine then. It's too specific. It's MY success and I'm proud of it :smile:

I'm not ashamed.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

Ok, sorry. How about stories about anything and nothing. But without words. Don't want to exclude the illiterate. Spoken fables and small rocks.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

Your profile picture shows you aren't human.
  • ebayaddict0127
    Options

Ok, sorry. How about stories about anything and nothing. But without words. Don't want to exclude the illiterate. Spoken fables and small rocks.

HA!
  • ebayaddict0127
    Options
    I like seeing my dog's cute face on my profile photo. It makes me happy.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I had success. So can you!

Sometimes it seems like the twists and turns in the habitrail of life are just too much, but brush yourself off, fill up those cheek pouches (or the equivalent) with courage and get back on the wheel!

(how's that?)
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

Sometimes it seems like the twists and turns in the habitrail of life are just too much, but brush yourself off, fill up those cheek pouches (or the equivalent) with courage and get back on the wheel!

(how's that?)

That's wheelist!!

Some of us can't afford a wheel. :cry:
  • Achrya
    Options

(how's that?)

That's wheelist!!

I don't have a wheel either. Friends?
  • JaniePapageorgio
    JaniePapageorgio Posts: 142 Member
    Options

(how's that?)

That's wheelist!!

I don't have a wheel either. Friends?

Classists, hating on those more fortunate than yourselves. Wheelers have problems, too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!