High intensity vs lower intensity

Options
2 questions
I am currently doing Insanity and doing it most days. I am on day 18 after about 25 days. I've had a few rest days or cross training in between. I did Davina Fit in 15 one day and had sore shoulders the next day whereas I am not really feeling sore after Insanity now. I have a million exercise videos but I am thinking of giving them away because they seem to easy now compared to Insanity but I don't know whether to because of q)2.

Question 1 (about Insanity) - Should I follow Insanity exactly or do you recommend to mix it up with other workouts? Do you skip missed days or push the workout back? I did Plyometric Cardio Circuit instead of Cardio Recovery. Cardio Recovery does nothing but I counted that as one day. Like I said about Davina, I felt sore in different places from doing different stuff.

Question 2 - Is it better to do a very high intensity workout not very well or a lower intensity more consistently? I sometimes just collapse after a round of level 1 drills in Insanity and take breaks or just do knee pushups. Is it better to try and do this or do an easier version but not give up. I still can't do a pushup. I sweat loads (probably the most) in Insanity but take quick breaks through some parts. Or is it better to do an easier workout but do everything without stopping.

Replies

• kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bitten2better
    bitten2better Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm going to focus just on the high intensity not very well vs. low intensity consistently...

It is 100% important to perform the moves with proper form. Losing your form is going to increase your risk of being hurt. If you like insanity, which I don't blame you, because I do too! So here's my suggestion for you - taking the level one drills that you say get ya - do as many as you can within the time period with good form, when you fatigue too much to do them correctly, then modify them - going down on your knees, or push-up part on a low table, etc... This way you are still working those muscles and pushing your cardio. There's nothing wrong with taking breaks, but this is what I do so I keep moving/working and improving!