Jillian Michaels 30 day shred

Does anyone know approximately how many calories are burned doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred ? I ordered the video from Amazon got my weights and plan on starting when I receive it Thursday. I am 5'2 and 205 pounds.

Replies

• GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    It will vary person to person.
  • Hi! I am on Level 3 Day 27 and I tend to burn around 265 calories on average by completing the full workout.
    Good luck to you - the results will quickly show; they did for me!
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Hi! I am on Level 3 Day 27 and I tend to burn around 265 calories on average by completing the full workout.
    Good luck to you - the results will quickly show; they did for me!

I'm currently on level 2 day 3 hrm states I burn 230-300 cals but I always cut it down to 130-175

An level 3 day 27 amazing your almost done I see did you do each level for 10 days straight or switched off between levels ?
  • Nyusha21
    Nyusha21 Posts: 26 Member
    I just log "Circuit training" for 25 min, I think that's the best estimate without a HRM.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    I just Googled the calories burned by girls that are around my height/weight. Of course they all vary, so I just averaged them together. I'm 24, 5'4'', 120lbs (I guess, I haven't weighed myself in years...?) and I log my 30DS sessions in as "circuit training, 20 mins, 151 calories". *slow shrug*
  • I did Level 1 for 7 days, level 2 for 10 days and then that leaves 13 days for level 3 :)
  • I just tried to do day 1 of this and I could only make it 15 minutes in! Wow am I outta shape. Thought I was gonna throw up if I kept going. Hope it gets better with time. As for tracking I was gonna do the circuit training for 25 minutes as well. I will make sure I do it on an empty stomach for sure too next time.
  • ProudMom2Jade
    ProudMom2Jade Posts: 18 Member
    I wear a BodyMedia monitor and according to it the 30 Day shred level 1 burned 120-183 calories--I think the days I was really sore I dragged *kitten*. I'm only on Level 2 now and so far it burns less--115-140. There of course is a margin of error because the monitor is counting everything and I have to isolate that section on the timeline to get the count so one time I might include 18 min and the next 22 because it is a little slider on a line representing 24 hours! I am doing the 10 days each level wiht a day off after ever 3 like I read she recommends. I don't like level 2 much. I hope 3 is better. It isn't about difficulty, I jsut don't like the moves and it is hard to do stuff in Plank position while watching a tv screen! I am 5'5 1/2" and 167 lbs.
  • EileenTanTeo
    EileenTanTeo Posts: 1 Member
    My polar HRM tells me I burn around 300 cals per workout. I think its pretty accurate. If you give it all you've got and do the full 20 min workout, its a pretty intense burn.