i know you hate hearing "I can't hit my calories" but..

Options

Replies

• AngeliaDR
    Options
    The burned deficit is what i was worried about. The whole not eating back your exercise calories therefore going into 'starvation mode' and not losing fat.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The burned deficit is what i was worried about. The whole not eating back your exercise calories therefore going into 'starvation mode' and not losing fat.

You don't have to eat back all the calories you burn exercising but I would eat some (maybe a third or half?)
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I can't. Not this early in the game where my old bad eating habits are still trying to be unlearned and I'm in the middle of getting ready to move 1400 miles away. I'm too distracted and busy to completely overhaul and re educate myself on how to eat. However, I am trying, so give me some credit before you all jump on me and call me a moron for not figuring out how to eat.
    My protein tends to be low, as does my potassium and vitamins. Should I look to protein powders or supplements to help with this? If so, can that stuff be made with coffee as I hate any drinks that are 'milk' tasting and or sugary in the first place.
    And if it matters, I'm doing the 30 day shred plus extra cardio. Current weight 192 at 5'5". In case that affects your advice.
    Thanks. Be kind. I know you hate these posts.

Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein chocolate tastes kind of decent in coffee. Easiest way to add calories is just to slop some tasty butter on random things.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions here.

I wanted to add that if you do try adding protein powder to your coffee don't just add it straight because it will curdle. Instead mix it with a little milk or water and make a slurry. Then add that to your coffee.

Or at least that what I've heard. I prefer my protein powder in baked goods. :wink:

I prefer mine in coconut milk; but the idea above sounds good too.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You're definitely going to want to eat more calories if you're planning on actually completing 30 DS. That crazy woman has 3 levels there for a reason. I drink a protein shake to increase my protein intake and I have it after my workout. It tastes like a vanilla milkshake, I consider it a reward for completing my workout and not throwing anything at the TV.
  • Vessecora
    Options
    Oh god I did 3 hours of full-on tennis the other day (omg sore as) and I had no idea what to do with the deficit xD

I'd agree with eating back a third of the calories.

But otherwise just experiment and see what works for you.
  • dollarstitch
    dollarstitch Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's because your stomach is shrinking and you can't hold as much, and I have noticed on the boards not so nice answers too lately. I ate a brownie tonight just to get to my calorie intake. I ate so much today, It's crazy how this thing works...
  • AngeliaDR
    Options
    Oh god I did 3 hours of full-on tennis the other day (omg sore as) and I had no idea what to do with the deficit xD

I'd agree with eating back a third of the calories.

But otherwise just experiment and see what works for you.

Especially with moving preparations and packing on top of the 30DS and the extra cardio I don't know what to do with all the calories I'm burning. Part of me just wants to just drink them all in the form of delicious lattes but that can't be a good way to get my calories back :). Eating is such a chore. More so than exercising.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    It's because your stomach is shrinking and you can't hold as much, and I have noticed on the boards not so nice answers too lately. I ate a brownie tonight just to get to my calorie intake. I ate so much today, It's crazy how this thing works...

No
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

No
    Agreed, this is BS.

Some protein sources and just Google nutrient/calorie dense foods...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/926789-protein-sources

http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/articles/plant-food-protein-chart.pdf

http://www.22daysnutrition.com/blog/2013/05/01/15-vegan-sources-of-protein-soy-free-and-gluten-free-too/
  • AngeliaDR
    Options
    Excellent. Spinach and brussels. There's hope yet. Thanks!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

You ate 1158 calories and 24g of protein today.
    You really dont like your body do you?
  • Thegirlhasmoxy
    Options
    I would do a search for recipes that add protein powder to baked goods if that's more appealing to you.
  • Vessecora
    Options
    I would do a search for recipes that add protein powder to baked goods if that's more appealing to you.

^^^ SO what I've been meaning to do for ages myself :P
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

you really should have picked something with protein in it, instead. You're seriously LOW on protein.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Don't give people advice when you yourself don't know how to eat correctly.

Daamn.

He's right tho.
  • asha4244jess
    Options
    very good points
  • AngeliaDR
    Options

There lies the problem though. A lot of people that decide they want to start losing weight just jump in without educating themselves. They think, ok I have to eat X amount of calories. They don't consider what are the RIGHT calories to eat. It's not an excuse and we should educate ourselves instead of blindly (and incorrectly) dieting, but it is a reality. That's why these boards are here. For people like yourself that know better to teach people like us what we should be doing.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

There lies the problem though. A lot of people that decide they want to start losing weight just jump in without educating themselves. They think, ok I have to eat X amount of calories. They don't consider what are the RIGHT calories to eat. It's not an excuse and we should educate ourselves instead of blindly (and incorrectly) dieting, but it is a reality. That's why these boards are here. For people like yourself that know better to teach people like us what we should be doing.

I like you