Excuses...

Options
I guess it's just human nature, but why do so many people constantly make excuses about why they can't do things? (lose weight, go to school, get a better job, better themselves somehow, etc, etc)???

I've had a recent bout of events with different family members that has made me realize my family (myself included) has serious "excuse" issues. I can't ___________ because ___________ is a common phrase in my family. It's so frustrating.

The Nike slogan "Just Do It" is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me these days.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I guess it's just human nature, but why do so many people constantly make excuses about why they can't do things? (lose weight, go to school, get a better job, better themselves somehow, etc, etc)???

I've had a recent bout of events with different family members that has made me realize my family (myself included) has serious "excuse" issues. I can't ___________ because ___________ is a common phrase in my family. It's so frustrating.

The Nike slogan "Just Do It" is starting to make a whole lot more sense to me these days.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree!!!! When I hear all the excuses I know for a fact that person is not ready to change or for a challenge. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    lol, I'm the other end of that balance beam, I end up committing to things, then realize about 10 seconds before they happen "Why in the heck did I agree to this?"

LOL
  • chriss1tt
    chriss1tt Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You are so right. I am in the process of moving this week.:grumble: The main excuse for me has been all my stuff is packed so I'll go with the fast food.:noway: I have been so good for 3 weeks since joining and the last two days I have been eating all crap.:mad: I have been logging it and with the calories burned moving stuff I haven't gone over too bad. But the stuff I am shoving in my mouth is not good for me and I know it.:grumble: I am glad you posted this because today and tomorrow I will plan my food.:drinker: It is just as easy to stop at the store and make sandwiches and have my fruit and veggies than to go to a fast food place, and prob cheaper since I'm feeding others as well. Thank you for posting this. :flowerforyou: NO MORE EXCUSES!!!!:glasses:
  • flcaoh
    Options
    Ya know, I'm one of those people that believe everything happens for a reason. I get so frustrated when I talk to family members who are giving me excuses. But after I talk to them, I think about the coversation and realize that I do the same thing. Granted, I don't think I'm quite as bad, but I still use excuses sometimes to make myself feel better about not accomplishing one of my goals. I try to always be fully aware of this and correct myself.
  • dmazza15@comcast.net
    Options
    I am at that same place with moving and saying oh next week we will be good because I have to unpack everything. I feel like there is always going to be an excuse to eat out or eat fast food. I am just tired of being lazy .:mad:
  • chriss1tt
    Options
    I am at that same place with moving and saying oh next week we will be good because I have to unpack everything. I feel like there is always going to be an excuse to eat out or eat fast food. I am just tired of being lazy .:mad:

Right there with you. So glad My sis found this site. If it wasn't for all you wonderful people sharing I prob would have given up after the first week.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It's like the new Michael Jordan commercial...as a coach, I love this commercial!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woOu_4l3lio
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    It's like the new Michael Jordan commercial...as a coach, I love this commercial!

I love that video. They could do that with barry sanders too. Jordan was the best of all time,
    and, gambling problems aside, the reason why the NBA is what it is today!
  • chriss1tt
    Options

I love that video. They could do that with barry sanders too. Jordan was the best of all time,
    and, gambling problems aside, the reason why the NBA is what it is today!

I love Barry Sanders. Miss him.:sad:
  • flcaoh
    Options
    Wow. That Micheal Jorden commercial is EXACTLY what I'm talking about!