The Flat Belly Diet?

Options
Hi there, has anyone tried this and do you have any good/bad stories for me? I am just looking for something that will get me back on track and get my motivation back....

Replies

• Dawn_2013
    Options
    My co workers swear by this, but they are not exactly skinny mini's :grumble: It does have some common sense to it though, and is based on adding good fats to every meal and snack (what they call MUFA's). What makes more sense to me is the Medditeranean diet, which uses MUFA's as well.

What are MUFAs?

MUFAs (pronounced moo-fah) are monounsaturated fatty acids, plant-based fats found in some of the world's most delicious foods--avocado, nuts and seeds, oils, olives, and dark chocolate! Studies show that these good-for-you fats enhance heart health and protect against chronic disease. And now the latest research shows that these dietary superstars may even target fat where it's hardest to lose--in your belly!

Anyway, thats the sales pitch, but moving away from processed food and back to a diet lower in red meats, and full of veggies is best. The flat belly diet has great recipes...and would likely enhance whatever you are doing, but in the end you want a lifestyle, not a diet. Google medditeranean diet and you will likely come up with lots of solutions, and I think you can also get free Flat Belly recipes online as well:flowerforyou:

Best of luck!
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i have the book and have tried it - actually i'm still doing it - but not to a T. basically keep your meals around 400 and and a mufa to each meal. in the beginning you eat foods that don't cause bloating. my abdominal area looks much better, i still have a pouch at the bottom, but it's sllooowly disappearing. i can even see my navel again.

yep, get the receipes online at prevention.com. the book is mostly recipes.
  • smhunnicutt
    smhunnicutt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If it works let me know. I want this weight gone. I need more energy and want to be healthier. Please and thank you
  • akrae
    akrae Posts: 18
    Options
    I tried the berry smoothies with the flaxseed oil and I couldn't stomach it. My boss swears by flaxseed, but it smells and tastes like fish to me! I really wanted it to work out, too!
  • francis1425
    francis1425 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started the 4 day jumpstart today and so far so good....I am definitely fuller and don't feel bloated at all, which is a major plus. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it at least gets me going on a good track again...I will keep you posted on the first 4 day results....