was here left back

Options
Hi: Another yoyo MFP. I tried before and I did not lose any weight and I was fairly good, really good, and I swam in the mornings...and with no reward, I quit again. I won't say I eat the worst, or the best but I need some direction. I thought I was doing really well but no weight loss, nothing...and now, I just dont know where to start again. Do people here use a plan or is it just reduce portions or do they ...? I want a plan that is the way a normal person eats just less or better choices. I keep gaining weight after diets and I can't gain any more..or I will just quit. Ideas?

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Its a Lifestyle change that You need to make that works for you.

By seeing where your calories should be (running your TDEE and using the tools here) Then you log the food you are eating to see where you stand. Then you do what works for you. Getting those calories under control to what you are burning each day and a slight deficit and you can Slowly lose the weight.

Sounds like if you do too much at once you stop, and that won't help you. Don't be discouraged when it doesn't all fall off at once, it didn't all get gained overnight either!
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    The untold truth is - loosing weight takes a long time. Unlike the Biggest Loser where they spend 12 -15 weeks doing nothing other than exercising for hours on end and having the meals calorie counted for them & then weekly they loose a lot of weight. But our everyday reality is - we work, we have families, we keep house holds running & then you try to carve in some exercise time and then try to grab foods that are low cal & good for your body! Soooo - the biggest key to the process is patience! It took me 3 months to drop 8 pounds ... it just takes time, trust me. Also you need to add daily a high burning calorie exercise, swimming is great - but in the cardio world, it won't burn you the most cals. So lace up your runners and get fast paced walking, add some hills too. Then as time progresses add some running in there ... then when you're body is ready - start running a loop. Plan your foods each day - whether that be the night before for the following day, or Sunday night for the whole week ..yes this stuff takes time, but you are setting yourself up for success. Everyone has the ability - that includes you! Friend me if you would like - happy to be a supporter.
  • HappyRunner34
    HappyRunner34 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    The untold truth is - loosing weight takes a long time. Unlike the Biggest Loser where they spend 12 -15 weeks doing nothing other than exercising for hours on end and having the meals calorie counted for them & then weekly they loose a lot of weight. But our everyday reality is - we work, we have families, we keep house holds running & then you try to carve in some exercise time and then try to grab foods that are low cal & good for your body! Soooo - the biggest key to the process is patience! It took me 3 months to drop 8 pounds ... it just takes time, trust me. Also you need to add daily a high burning calorie exercise, swimming is great - but in the cardio world, it won't burn you the most cals. So lace up your runners and get fast paced walking, add some hills too. Then as time progresses add some running in there ... then when you're body is ready - start running a loop. Plan your foods each day - whether that be the night before for the following day, or Sunday night for the whole week ..yes this stuff takes time, but you are setting yourself up for success. Everyone has the ability - that includes you! Friend me if you would like - happy to be a supporter.

What she said = wise woman.
    The media has warped our perception of how to live health and Biggest Loser et al..are really bad things to invest time watching. There is no "diet" only a slow but consistent change to eating better and using your body to move; which is how it was designed!
    Patience and support will take you far. And toss that scale...either measure your parts and see how you lose that way or see how you go in relation to clothes that were once tight and maybe are loosening up a bit! Remember, "it's no the size of the step, it's the direction"
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options

this..
    time is the key because it will never be a one and done..it will be a forever change in lifestyle. you have to come to grips with it..i focus less on the weight ive lost and more on how good i feel because of being healthier...that is motivation to keep going..and if i lose those pounds along the way...great!
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    and here I am, back again. Thanks for these posts. I am doing much better. this is life, not a diet. this is MY diet, my day, not "a diet". I am controlling calories, beginning to get some exercise and wow, I lost weight. Just part of the day, and before I know it, eating healthy will be normal and a cheat will be the exception.
  • slimjame
    slimjame Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to see you are now losing weight! When I first used this site (about 2 years ago) I lost a little over 90 pounds in a year. Some events happened in my life and I fell back into my old ways (nothing better than emotional eating, ha). I slowly gained back almost all of the weight that I had lost. Regardless, it can definitely be done & this is such a great place to do it. I'm back again and ready to bypass where I had reached last year and finally hit my goal weight. Good luck :)
  • Bobbie63
    Bobbie63 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you too. now that you know how it came back on you can prepare for it by starting to go through those emotions now instead of using food. don't you love how we all give advice we need to hear.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    msadie343 wrote: »
    You can also try plexus! Have you ever heard of plexus? Plexus is about getting our bodies healthy, naturally! The pink drink helps to regulate blood sugars, cholesterol, and lipid levels. It reduces sugar cravings and helps to burn fat. Great tool to use if you are already watching what you eat, or trying to. The pink drink(slim) just makes feel you better! Www.plexusslim.com/sadonia

No!! Op please don't do this. It's a scam.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    msadie343 wrote: »
    You can also try plexus! Have you ever heard of plexus? Plexus is about getting our bodies healthy, naturally! The pink drink helps to regulate blood sugars, cholesterol, and lipid levels. It reduces sugar cravings and helps to burn fat. Great tool to use if you are already watching what you eat, or trying to. The pink drink(slim) just makes feel you better! Www.plexusslim.com/sadonia

OP: please don't fall for these MLM scams.

Check out these thinks to get started :

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10012907/logging-accuracy-consistency-and-youre-probably-eating-more-than-you-think/p1

Good luck to you!