Need encouragement

Have been slowly losing weight over the last couple of years by eating right but have also had three surgeries and radiation for throat cancer during that time. I am tired! Got off track with my eating over the holidays and am struggling to stay with my healthy eating plan. I weighed a high of 235 but am currently at 178. I want to get to 150 by end of year.

Replies

• nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Welcome!!!!
    So sorry on the surgeries and radiation. You've faced your bad times, you can handle this!!!! You've Beat Cancer!!!! This is "only" weight. Your body will appreciate the good foods.

One day at a time. You Can do it!
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    You have beat the real big scary things. This whole "weight thing" you CAN beat. And YOU WILL! Find the energy to keep true to yourself and you will get there. Feel free to add me if you want someone to help :)
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    You have been through all that you can definitely lose that weight. I think losing thirty pounds in a year is definitely achievable in a year :)
  • Welcome!!

Wish you good luck!
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 905 Member
    Have been slowly losing weight over the last couple of years by eating right but have also had three surgeries and radiation for throat cancer during that time. I am tired! Got off track with my eating over the holidays and am struggling to stay with my healthy eating plan. I weighed a high of 235 but am currently at 178. I want to get to 150 by end of year.

Surgery and radiation can take a lot out of you. Your resistance was down from the radiation; that needs some time to be re-established. Don't give up.