always hungry!!

Options
the last 2 days i have been feeling super hungry within an hour of eating my meals...does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• tater8589
    Options
    Are you eating enough protien? You may plan some low cal snacks to help with it??
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Well, your food diary's not public so I can't comment on what you're eating, but I do much better when I avoid processed foods and eat lots of protein, lots of veggies (which are great, because they add bulk without the calories), healthy fats (avocado, nuts, olive oil, etc.) and whole grains that haven't been highly processed (quinoa, oatmeal, barley, etc.).

I'm rarely super hungry anymore - feel free to take a look at my food diary. It's public, and most day's I'm pretty proud of it.

Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water... it really helps!

Oh, and snacks between meals are a good thing - just make them healthy snack. I like fruit and nuts myself. Sometimes hummus & veggies.
  • ethompso0105
    ethompso0105 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting plenty of protien and fiber. Also increase your water intake. All of these will help signal to your body that you're full without adding too many more calories. Additionally, fruit/veggies are a great way to get full fast!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Low cal snacks with fibre are key! I find that eating carrot sticks with a little bit of dip an hour or two after a meal will keep me full until it's time for my next meal. And don't forget to drink water - that can help too.
  • MakeLifeBright
    Options
    :wink: Water and Gum are the Answer!! For me at least :huh: :flowerforyou:
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    Here is what I just ate for lunch and I'm stuffed.

Salad consisting of: 2 cups Earthbound organic spring mix, 1 serving turkey slices, 1/2 c of fresh strawberries, 1 c cantolope, 1/2 c carrots, feta cheese, and 1 tsbp Marzetti Ranch dressing. It is so bulky I guarantee you won't be hungry after. And it is a very low calorie meal.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this is the case but maybe it's period time? I usually get the neverending hunger before my period. I like to drink green tea, (not the bottled crap but real brewed tea) Eating melon is a good thing too. It satisfies sweet cravings and has a lot of fiber and water content to help you feel full.
  • jessicalhall85
    Options
    thanks everyone! ill try the things you suggested! :)