start but nervous

Options
Just got out of bed ready for day one but am very nervous. I want to do it right but not sure how to address the diet. Low carbs, no carbs, only carbs for breakfast. I don't even know where to start. I love mfp but I can't even start. Stupid eh

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    No not stupid. This place is overwhelming at first. I had no idea what half the terms meant. Just keep reading everything on here. Don't restrict anything totally, just setting yourself up for failure down the road (most probably... not saying in every case). Eat what you like to eat and just remember the main thing is to hit your calorie goal. Worry about your macros later when you settle in more.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Think about what you have to eat as options today, then go into the diary and log everything in advance. See how it matches up with your macros and calories and that will help you to know what to add or take away, then follow that as your first day guideline. A lot of people still do that despite being on here for years.
  • FitterBody
    FitterBody Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Agree. Easy as 1, 2, 3, 4.
    1. Keep reading, researching, and learning. Start by getting your macros set right for you, and later work on setting any specific micros.
    2. Log IN ADVANCE, so you can adjust as you go to meet your daily targets.
    3. Set achievable mini goals. You can always set more later but meeting a goal helps motivate you to continue.
    4. Avoid the extremes (at least until you know enough to weigh up the risks of opting to go there). Enjoy the journey.

It is not all that hard if you stick to the basics. Keep it simple as possible to start and ingrain the basics. Much later, I repeat, MUCH LATER, once you get the basics ingrained, you will likely do what many of us seem to do - we opt to stretch ourselves to meet more difficult targets as we have learnt more and want to improve further, but that keeps it fun and challenging. :laugh: