Works Biggest Loser Competition Help

Options
Hello, so we are doing a biggest loser competition at work.

The first weigh in is today to see who won the money - the rules state it's the first working day of every month.

There is someone of sick today and wondered what your thoughts are, the majority of the competitors have agreed if we are off then you forfeit the winnings. but there is 1 lady who thinks this is unfair.

We have been racking our brains to think of a fair way to do this. But if we put off the weigh in until the absent lady is back, someone else could be absent/ on holidays etc.

I personally think you snooze you lose and better look next time. I know it's not the persons fault they are ill but no one else could suffer either.

What do you think? Can any one think of a way around this to keep everyone from moaning?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    The other coworkers should not be made to suffer because of one person. Majority rules.

She can either come in, weigh and go back home, suck it up buttercup and go to work. or forfeit. It's the rule, and she's not the exception.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Well if it's only one lady not happy and the rest agree then to bad the off worker misses out.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Can't make everyone happy 100% of the time. No sense trying now.
  • noturningback91
    noturningback91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies, I'm glad you all agree :)