Chia Seeds - Complete Nutrition

Options
All the research I have done says that Chia seeds are a complete nutrition source. With all the stress of what to eat and how much on a diet, can you eat 80% Chia and 20% fruits/veggies and be healthy? It just seems so much easier.

Replies

• Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I have never heard of Chia seeds...where do you get them???
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Chia seeds ground and put them in my smoothie - didn't notice a difference. But I've read a lot of good things about them. Good luck - keep us posted on the progress.

:smile:
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    You can survive off of a lot of things, but seems like that would be hard to sustain over the long run. Maybe do it one or 2 days a week to make things easier.
  • christina1109
    Options
    So all those Chia pets, had a purpose, who knew? LOL. Just finished reading up on them on wikipedia. Why not add them to your diet, they seem like a great source of omega-3's and other beneficial properties.
  • angiereid
    Options
    DR OZ'S ULTIMATE SMOOTHIE

Just in case anyone is interested in gettin in their daily fiber i came across this drink on one of his shows i have to say it is not the best tasting but it certaintly is not the worst. one drink gives you about 45% of your daily fiber and guess what all the ingredients showed up on mfp so here it s hope you like it

1. 1 cup of apple juice (or whatever you like but try and use no added sugar)
    2. half of banana (or 3/4 cups of berries)
    3. whey powder 2tbs (i like vanilla)
    4. flaxseedground 2tbs
    5. psyllium husk (fiber) 1 tbs
    6. chia seeds 1tbs
    7. wheat germ (keep refrigerated after opening) 1 tbs
    8. 600mg fish oil (break open capsule and put in drink)
    9. 3 ice cubes(optional)

* i get about26 grams protein
    * 18 fiber
    * about 406 calories
    * 10-11 grams of fat

* all is at a healthfood store hope you like it!!!!

get about 23 grams of protein as well