a reminder to myself...

Options
elyelyse
elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
I haven't been feeling very successful lately. I'll have a couple weeks of being totally on, then a few days of being off... and the scale and I have been fighting over the same few pounds for months.

I'm going on a road trip in a couple of weeks, and part of that trip I'll be seeing family in Florida that I haven't seen since last spring. This morning, I decided to try on a dress that I wore to a wedding when I was there in May, and at first I looked in the mirror and thought "meh, I can't really see a difference." So I took a picture...because that's what people around here say to do, right? compare photos?

12286819775_0197a3beb5.jpg

I'm still frustrated with the scale...but (unphotoshopped) photos don't lie.

Replies

• sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    awesome! congrats on your success to date.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    OMG!! I can really see a huge differnence!! You look fabulous! :drinker:
  • reesa12345
    reesa12345 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and are inspiring the heck out of me...congrats...and congratulate yourself...you deserve it!
  • beckyswenson9
    beckyswenson9 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Pictures can really help when it is hard to notice our bodies changing.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you decided to take the pictures and do a side-by-side comparison when you couldn't see the difference yourself. There's a clear improvement in your appearance. You look great! When you look at yourself every single day it's hard to notice the changes until you look at a time gap, like you did here.
  • elyelyse
    Options
    I've still got a ways to go...but I made it this far, I can get the rest of the way. It's just SO hard to keep at it when you can't see the results of all the work...so I'm glad that today I am able to see it.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Lookin' good! :drinker:
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you are far from where you started... and that is quite an accomplishment, so don't get frustrated or give up now because you have already done so much - and awesome pictures!
  • SisterhoodoftheShrinkingPants
    Options
    You DO look different. I bet your body composition is changing from fat to muscle. you look Beautiful and you should be VERY PROUD of yourself!!!! What you have done is not easy, just look around the world to see many unhappy inactive people. Celebrate how far you've come. I have to remind myself of the exact same thing! Keep up the great work! all of your effort is paying off. I see it!!! :) *hugs*
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Huge difference, wonderful job!!!
  • TinaBean007
    TinaBean007 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Print this out and paste in everywhere in your house... then throw out your scale ;) These photos do not lie.
  • lucylousmummy
    lucylousmummy Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I've still got a ways to go...but I made it this far, I can get the rest of the way. It's just SO hard to keep at it when you can't see the results of all the work...so I'm glad that today I am able to see it.

this is totally me, i actually fell off the site for a long time due to frustration with the scales, thank god i didn't do too much damage
    btw since coming back to the site and starting reluctantly (terrible grammar most of the time and scared of the grammar police) using the forums, every time i see a post from you it inspires me to keep going x
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats, I can definitely see a difference! Yay!
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Elyelyse, You are doing and looking AMAZING! Stay the course, you will get there. I'm am so rooting for you!
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling so well! I intentionally slowed down to 0.5/week or so. The problem is, apparently my body likes to hold on to 2-3 pounds at a time. So I'll stagnate for 5-6 weeks and then drop 3 pounds, and then sit there again for 5-6 weeks..... It is VERY hard to have to keep reminding myself to stay positive when all the work I'm putting in doesn't seem to be making any difference.

Those pictures are a huge help though. You can't argue with photo evidence!
  • elyelyse
    Options
    Print this out and paste in everywhere in your house... then throw out your scale ;) These photos do not lie.
    I don't even own a scale! I stop in at my doctor's office once every week or two because I can't let myself get preoccupied with a number.
  • elyelyse
    Options

this is totally me, i actually fell off the site for a long time due to frustration with the scales, thank god i didn't do too much damage
    btw since coming back to the site and starting reluctantly (terrible grammar most of the time and scared of the grammar police) using the forums, every time i see a post from you it inspires me to keep going x
    thank you...sometimes I think I should just shut up lol, so I'm glad what I say is helpful to someone!
  • dull2doll
    dull2doll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great. You're such an inspiration to me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!