My one year anniversary, 124lbs in 365 days (pics)

Options

Replies

• Celuwen
    Celuwen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. Well done on your achievement. You look lovely. :)
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    congrats on your amazing progress
  • Doster02
    Doster02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing and I am sure you feel fantastic. Not only have you given yourself a new life you are showing your kids how wonderful a healthy lifestyle can be by leading through example. Great job!
  • ayscrivener
    ayscrivener Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    This is amazing!! Your story is so inspiring. Great job, you look fantastic!!
  • hermione2010
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm happy for you I'm 65 and am working on losing 100lbs. So far going is real slow any hints on how to rev up my metabolism?
  • mackemom
    mackemom Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    WOW!
    Congratulations, you look absolutely great! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :glasses: :wink: :happy: :smile:
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic! Did you have surgery? or was this your first time losing a lot of weight? You are young and that helps - but that is a LOT to lose in a year... how did you do it?

Nope, no surgery. You're certainly not the first to ask me that though, haha. I take it as a compliment :)
  • Missmeshap
    Options
    Wow!! Congratulations...you did a great job
  • iwish123
    iwish123 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :) you should be so proud :)
  • Earthiegirl
    Earthiegirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!!
  • jessieatomlinson
    Options
    You look amazing. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • carriern2006
    carriern2006 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY incredible! Congrats on your weight loss and continuing healthy lifestyle!! You are a complete motivation to anyone that thinks they can not do it!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    This is simply amazing. You look spectacular!!!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just curious, what exactly did you do? Not step by step but was it eating x number of calories per day plus treadmill x days plus (blank)? Just trying to figure out if I should change up something in the way I am doing it. :) You look absolutely amazing.

For me, what worked was keeping the calories at about 1400 a day (started out with a little more but it's come down with weight loss). I don't deprive myself of small treats, as it's important for me to be able to sustain this for the rest of my life, and eating clean all the time isn't something I find possible or realistic for me. That said, I try to eat a lot of fresh fruits/veggies, protein and dairy. My diet before consisted of all fast food and crap, basically. Now I cook more and eat many more fresh foods.

As far as exercise, I try to work-out 3-4 days a week, though lately I've fallen short. I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, then I did the C25K program in preparation for my 5K. I hit the gym when I can and try to get 30 minutes on the treadmill but now I'm back to 30DS. In the meantime I walk a LOT and try to keep active. Just got a bike and I'm trying to use it to get around. Any way I can burn calories I do it.

Finally I just was honest and consistent. I think if you measure your portions (at least until you learn how to eyeball them), and are honest about what you're eating you'll go really far. It's worked well for me and it's really just about the math, calories in vs calories out. Good luck everyone, and I really appreciate all of the compliments!
  • Southieface
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • bridget_i
    bridget_i Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely amazing!!! You are incredibly inspirational to me! I just started MFP on January 17 this year, but I'm already noticing a difference, and I look forward to being able to post my own success story because of your inspiring one!
  • rhondakr14
    rhondakr14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great....thanks for sharing, very inspirational
  • ZombieSwimmer
    Options
    You're an inspiration! I just joined today. I have a long road ahead of me but I hope one day I get to post MY success story! CONGRATS!!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Tig_
    Tig_ Posts: 32
    Options
    That is an absolutely amazing achievement, well done you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!