The younger you are...

Is it true that the younger you are, the easier it is to lose weight??

Replies

• missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    Is it true that the younger you are, the easier it is to lose weight??
  • REB89
    REB89 Posts: 493 Member
    don't know but i'm young and i'm not finding it easy!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    I think it is true, because your metabolism slows down as you get older ....... geez if its this hard now, I can't imagine having waited for 30 years :noway:
  • Wantabe
    Wantabe Posts: 50 Member
    Don't know but I would think if one keeps their metabolism humming it should be the same situation as a younger persons metabolism. As far as I know, the rules are the same for young or old.
  • missktuga
    missktuga Posts: 21
    I think it's also true that the bigger you are, the easier it is to lose weight.

Ex: Like two girls the same height, one 250 pounds, one 140 pounds. The heavier one has much more to lose so itll come off faster than the smaller girl's last ten pounds....
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    I went into "tools" and calculated my BMR (basically what calories I need to fuel my body completely resting for a day). At age 25 at my current weight, I need 1685 calories, but age 55 I would only need 1535. So, over 30 years my metabolism will slow down, and I will need about 150 calories less. Not a big deal, but those calories would really add up if I didn't pay attention!! (You of course need to eat more than your BMR because you do a lot of day to day activities as well as exercise.)
  • I believe that for every decade your metabolism slows down some and you lose muscle which makes it harder to lose weight. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn, the more exercise you do the better your metabolism works. :happy: Hope this helps.