haven't had a good "what counts as water" thread in a while

Options

Replies

• DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Water? Yes/No/Maybe?
    t0eed2a_monkey-drinks-own-pee-o.gif

It's purified water.... it's been purified by the kidneys and liver.
    He's doing a cleanse.

GROSSS!!! But thanks for helping me adhere to my Fast day today. I was beginning to get hungry, but have lost my appetite now. :laugh: (They really need a barf smiley) Oh wait, there is one. :sick:
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Vodka is 60% water, it counts!

:love: :drinker:

Oh and watermelon - cuz it has "water" in its name.....duh!
  • positivesky
    positivesky Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Like watercress? Got it. Yeah, makes sense. Do I have to log rockmelon because rocks have no calories in them and now I'm confused... ??
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

Does water buffalo count?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Wine. Also it's made from grapes so counts as one of your 5 a day
    8470669ebeafe9330a9d99ad8fbd8033.jpg
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Water? Yes/No/Maybe?
    t0eed2a_monkey-drinks-own-pee-o.gif
    bear-grylls-peed-on-the-floor-5-second-rule.jpg
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I say my crystal light counts...

Would a nutritionist chiropractor tell me that my chicken soup counts as water?

Does beer?
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Diet Mountain Dew.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    I say my crystal light counts...

Would a nutritionist chiropractor tell me that my chicken soup counts as water?

Does beer?
    Ron-Swanson-Says-Dont-Even-Care.gif
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    It cannot be the case that only water counts as water, because we were all babies and we all survived to adulthood. But logic is no fun. :bigsmile:
    I was never a baby. Prove it!

Nor was I . I was created just like this.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options
    I found this today... "The British Dietetic Association guidelines state that an average adult should consume 2.5 litres of water per day. This intake needs to be increased during periods of hot weather or during and after periods of physical activity.

You can get your daily water requirements from sources other than pure water - your cup of tea counts! Water is the main ingredient of all drinks – carbonated drinks and still drinks, fruit juices and fruit and vegetables all have a high water content.

A clear message of Do It, but Don’t Overdo It!!"

It could be just wishful thinking, but geez I am sooooo sick of drinking plain water!

That's the British. they don't count.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    It cannot be the case that only water counts as water, because we were all babies and we all survived to adulthood. But logic is no fun. :bigsmile:

Yeah, stitched together from the body parts of various criminally insane cadavers and reanimated with electricity. :wink:
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I say anything that has its first ingredient listed as water counts, I mean its some water right?
    No, but see, but no 'cause, see, an actual chemist once told us -- RIGHT HERE ON MFP!!! -- that adding coffee grounds or tea or, well, anything really, changes the chemistry of the water and then it isn't water anymore, so you can't count it.

Duh.

Wait. What??? I certainly hope you're joking that someone who claimed to be a chemist actually said that.
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I say anything that has its first ingredient listed as water counts, I mean its some water right?
    No, but see, but no 'cause, see, an actual chemist once told us -- RIGHT HERE ON MFP!!! -- that adding coffee grounds or tea or, well, anything really, changes the chemistry of the water and then it isn't water anymore, so you can't count it.

Duh.

Wait. What??? I certainly hope you're joking that someone who claimed to be a chemist actually said that.

It's true, I read that post and promptly exited the forums for fear of that sort of thing being contagious.
  • will2lose72
    will2lose72 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    oavvz.jpg

I saw Abe Lincoln posted it on the inter-webs, thus it must be true.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    It's all water until you put sugar in it. Then it's liquid diabeetus, and you're going to die.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Options
    It's all water until you put sugar in it. Then it's liquid diabeetus, and you're going to die.
    Wait... so if I never drink water with sugar in it, I'll live forever?! Holy crap, you've just discovered the secret to immortality! :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Yeah, stitched together from the body parts of various criminally insane cadavers and reanimated with electricity. :wink:

Exactly!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Duh.

It's true, I read that post and promptly exited the forums for fear of that sort of thing being contagious.

Technically, it is correct in the purest most scientific meaning of the word. If it is not H2O, it is not water. However, functionally speaking, I think it's whacked.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Ok, so TECHNICALLY, the chemical compound of water is H2O, so when you add coffee, sugar, fruit juice, etc to it, it WOULD change the chemical makeup so that the new substance is no longer H2O.

But for the purposes of marking off the 8 cups of water on your food diary, you can count any LIQUID towards your daily goal.

So my Dr Pepper 10 isn't technically Water (H2O), but it does contain water, and I will continue to count it toward my liquid intake for the day.

My husband disagrees with me on this issue, but he also coaches teens in cycling, so he insists they drink plenty of actual water on their rides.