So, tomorrow is Fat Tuesday...

Options
13»

Replies

• Stinkerbelle84
    Options

true.
    I have a couple of fav parades, but the rest are just an annoyance.

But OH those fav parades!!!

BTW, already had 2 slices of king cake this season.
    One was from Rouse's. meh. bone dry.
    One was from a local bakery. Praline cream filled. Such WIN!

Gonna pick up a donut King cake this week. What filling to choose????

Really? I usually love Rouses. I have gotten a few good ones at Cannata's, but last year they were dry! Our local donut shop has some kick *kitten* king cakes. I had a Bavarian crème one from a place called Petersen's, and I could have eaten the whole damn thing! I can account for at least half..haha! I am going to attempt to behave this year.
    [/quote]

Haven't had one from Peterson's, but I will have to check it out. I was thinking Mr. Ronnie's. I'm going to check the bakery by Bing Cherry, too. I'm thinking she will have something good.
    [/quote]

You can never go wrong with Mr. Ronnie's! I haven't stepped foot into the bakery by Bing Cherry yet. It is just to much to resist..haha! My sister had the king cake cheese cake at Copeland's and said it was amazing. I had it last year and it was too try for me. Decisions, decisions. And I wonder why I am here =)
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

true.
    I have a couple of fav parades, but the rest are just an annoyance.

But OH those fav parades!!!

BTW, already had 2 slices of king cake this season.
    One was from Rouse's. meh. bone dry.
    One was from a local bakery. Praline cream filled. Such WIN!

Gonna pick up a donut King cake this week. What filling to choose????

Really? I usually love Rouses. I have gotten a few good ones at Cannata's, but last year they were dry! Our local donut shop has some kick *kitten* king cakes. I had a Bavarian crème one from a place called Petersen's, and I could have eaten the whole damn thing! I can account for at least half..haha! I am going to attempt to behave this year.

Haven't had one from Peterson's, but I will have to check it out. I was thinking Mr. Ronnie's. I'm going to check the bakery by Bing Cherry, too. I'm thinking she will have something good.
    [/quote]

You can never go wrong with Mr. Ronnie's! I haven't stepped foot into the bakery by Bing Cherry yet. It is just to much to resist..haha! My sister had the king cake cheese cake at Copeland's and said it was amazing. I had it last year and it was too try for me. Decisions, decisions. And I wonder why I am here =)
    [/quote]

LOL! Well, I'm pretty happy that so far I've been able to work it off and eat it in moderation.
  • ThatQuarterHorseHottie
    Options
    King Cake is my weakness. I got the baby last year, so I guess it's my turn to buy! Can't wait, but it's still a ways off!
  • astartae
    astartae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Mardi Gras? That's not until March 4 ;)
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to have to find me a King Cake... which I doubt will be easy up here in Baltimore. I had the best food ever when I was in New Orleans last year. The only thing that saved me gaining lbs was walking everywhere all week.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    dude... you're a month early....

but, buy that King cake anyway and share it with MEEEEE!!!!!
    I thought Fat Tuesday 2014 was March 4th. When do you start buying and eating king cake?

Mardi Gras is a whole season here, like Christmas or other holidays. It starts weeks before. As a matter of fact, it won't be too awfully long before parades start rolling... another couple of weeks?

This week...

http://www.mardigrasparadeschedule.com/schedule/

TYVM! got a calendar to mark!

Welcome!! My husband is from Louisiana, I've only lived here 5 years I still :heart: Mardi Gras! LOL!

I think he's hoping I'll burn out soon... :laugh: