HELP! Need party game ideas for adults!

Options
SamanthaD1218
SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
I'm throwing a surprise party for a friend soon, and I need some ideas for party games for adults. If they can somehow relate to her turning 33, that's even better!

I have one game idea so far - I make a playlist of songs from either the year she was born, or one from each year since she was born, and have guests pair up in teams and guess the names of the songs or the year they came out (team with most correct answers win).

We are nerdy and love party games, but I want to have some new ones rather than just board games or charades, so all suggestions are appreciated!!! Silly games, drinking games, any games!

Replies

• bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    The keys in the fishbowl game is always a blast.:smokin:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    1.) Collect an item from each person and throw item in hat
    2.) Designate someone to pick a fate for the person whose item is picked, without knowing whose item was picked.
    3.) Watch people do silly stuff and fail trying.
    4.) Win.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Cards Against Humanity. Seriously. It's freakin hilarious....as long as your sense of humor is a little twisted (like mine is).
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Oh..
    >.<

Okay.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Headbanz...but scrap the ones that come with the game and make your own.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    There's a board game called things that always gets a party going....you don't need the board.

Just come up with a bunch of categories like "Things you wish your parents had taught you". All categories need to start with Things that....... then everyone writes an answer down on a scrap of paper and passes it back to the category reader........Then you take turns guessing who said what. The game gets better the more alcohol is involved (or depending on how well your party goers know one another). Most of the time the answers come back with innuendos, which can be awkward. We play it every Christmas with my parents :ohwell:
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    What happened to just drinking?
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I see Cards Against Humanity has already been suggested, so here's my second favorite game: Quelf.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Cards Against Humanity. Seriously. It's freakin hilarious....as long as your sense of humor is a little twisted (like mine is).

This -- and you can print it yourself.

"Things" (in a box) is also hilarious if you know the people reasonably well.
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    Naked Twister is always fun :smooched:
  • biancain804
    biancain804 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    there is a game call pit. its a loud card game. i love it...
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Be sure to go on Pinterest for ideas, too. There are some fantastic ones on there :)
  • lrmall01
    lrmall01 Posts: 377 Member
    Options

The only reason I clicked on this post was to suggest the "keys in a hat" game, but alas it was already the first response.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Battle Shots
  • abuck_13
    abuck_13 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Naked Twister is always fun :smooched:

You could just combine that with keys in the fishbowl
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Beer Pong.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

No idea what this is!!

And we do play Cards Against Humanity all the time :) Love that game! But need some new ideas, too.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Doh! beaten to the C.A.H. punch. out of ideas. :shrug:
  • NatiaGonitellie
    NatiaGonitellie Posts: 355 Member
    Options

No idea what this is!!

And we do play Cards Against Humanity all the time :) Love that game! But need some new ideas, too.

Keys in the fish bowl is a swingers game. NO I never played. just close enough to that generation to know about it.

lol forgot to add a suggestion. Strip or Not twister is always fun. H O R S E you do not need a basket ball, ping pong ball and a drink cup will do. of course this then becomes a drinking game.