weight loss buddy anyone

Options
three years ago I lost about 40 pounds. since then I've been up and down like crazy, and I'm getting awfully close to my old weight. I commit to working out and cutting calories for short amounts of time, but I always lose my drive half way into the fight. I think maybe my heart hasn't been in the right place, I wanted to lose weight for other people and not myself. and I approached it with an all- or-nothing. do-it-myself attitude.
This time I want to do this for me! I know that my weight and negative body issues are keeping me from enjoying my life like I should. I 'm sick of telling myself "when I'm thin..." I want to like myself and be and feel happy, no more excuses for anything. my weight is my problem I'm taking control. I know this time, i'm going to need some help. I know from experience I can't do it alone. I need support, and I need someone to hold me accountable.

I'm looking for a weight loss buddy.

Replies

• deemedpriceless
    deemedpriceless Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat. Maybe we can hold each other accountable. I have no more excuses.
  • Southieface
    Options
    Hi! I have also been in that position of losing weight and then putting almost all of it back on. Its a horrible feeling and an extreme shot to the self esteem. One thing I can say is that once you're motivated again and seeing results it is just as easy as it was the first time. You just have to push forward, create small goals, and work your butt off to achieve the main goal. You can do it!

Edited to add: I don't mind if you add me.
  • 000Linda000
    000Linda000 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Add me up! :)
  • RNLisa70
    RNLisa70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me up! Same thing...good to have accountability partners! Let me know how I can help encourage!
  • LilSugaFree
    LilSugaFree Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi... I have sent everyone a friend request. We all have to stick together in this journey.
  • Wonder2014Women
    Wonder2014Women Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello laura here, I know how you feel I have done the same thing too. Looking for new friends feel free to add me.
  • wshultz14
    wshultz14 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    everyone can add me
  • mhmack
    Options
    I've yo yo ed for years lack of motivation to get started or just plain old denial preventing me to get started... Who knows but I do know I want to make lasting change and I want to start now and I don't want to go it alone lets do this together
  • annsan41
    Options
    I too have lost weight, gained more than I lost.....now I need to loose around 100 pounds or so. I know it will take time, just need motivation and friends!!
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    I need help to. Add me on as a team player.
  • sarahberger507
    sarahberger507 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I also am starting this today! I need someone to help keep me motivated . Add me! More support I have the better.
  • ryah1269
    Options
    Same here, lost it, gained it back a few times. Tired of excuses and all that. I am open to friends to motivate me and who also need motivation. I find that it's a friendly competition and accountability all at the same time!
  • Achlys101
    Options
    Add me :)
  • IBGDRNs
    IBGDRNs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi. i used to weight around 240 lbs and during my practical , i had lost around 13 pounds in 4 months. that had been the greatest happiness for me but ever since i graduated 3 months ago my weight had increased and know i am around 250 lbs. i lost confidence so much but i never lost my appetite (screw me!). i try to loose weight but failed everytime. i think the reason is because im always at home and food always around me. so i hope by joining this groups can motivate us together to lose weight :-) btw can u suggest any exercise that suitable to be done at home? i had done fitnessblender cardio workout but can only survive in first 5 minutes.
  • chaparra71
    chaparra71 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi,please add me as well. I am on my way to losing 100 lbs., 3 weeks in and 10 lbs. down. I am feeling pretty confident, and I can see the changes already, so that is a big help! I know we can do it!

I personally like Leslie Sansone for in home exercising, especially for those that have a lot to lose and need to start out with something doable. She has MANY levels of walking exercises, and I just love her! I like the Body For Life strength training regimen for my weight days.
  • nebrred57
    nebrred57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im looking for weight loss buddies too. I have 100 lbs to lose. Let's help each other.
  • Gwen011991
    Options
    You can feel free to add me as well. I have a huge amount of weight to tackle. I could always use some helpful motivators!
  • Gwen011991
    Options
    You can feel free to add me as well. I have a huge amount of weight to tackle. I could always use some helpful motivators!
  • susanfloes
    Options
    I am starting today too. 30lbs in 5 months is my goal. Today I stayed below calories and excer ised 40 min. How about you?
  • Guineagirl913
    Guineagirl913 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Add me too! The journey is easier with lots of motivation and support!