Quick Lime Cilantro Chicken

Options

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much, this was actually exactly what I was looking for for tonights dinner :flowerforyou:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Boobarella2
    Options
    Bump.
  • josimone1980
    Options
    Looks yummy will try it monday. Thanks
  • rhon456
    rhon456 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • eratess
    eratess Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This looks AMAZING!!! :)
  • shannybn
    Options
    I guess you could always use Frylight instead of olive oil it would make it less calories. Looks lovely, am going to try it.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I read quick lime as quicklime. :sick:

Talk about a meal that sticks to your ribs! :D
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Great, easy recipe with tons of flavour. Thanks for the gorgeous photos as well!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    This looks both delicious and easy. I'm going to make it this week. :drinker:
  • Fit_Mommy3
    Options
    looks great!
  • vmares1025
    vmares1025 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ironbutterfly_
    Options
    Thanks!
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I made this last night and it was DELISH. For people who are worried about the olive oil or the uncertainty of oil (because yes, the original photos showed an awful lot of oil, and I always prefer to use less oil but count ALL of it in my diary), here's how I handled it with minimal oil and lots of certainty (and it turned out great).

1. I did not cut up the chicken breasts. Instead, I pounded them flat inside a leftover plastic produce bag with the back of my frying pan. About 3/4 inch thick. Personally, I find this MUCH more convenient because it simplifies turning the chicken to make sure it cooks evenly in the pan and it makes timing everything very simple. Plus, I enjoy hitting things with a frying pan like a madwoman.

2. I used just 1 tsp of oil per 8 oz chicken breast. (Would it have been even more delicious with more? PROBABLY.) I measured the oil first, then rubbed it into the raw chicken, with anything left over from the measure being reserved for the veggies and garlic at the end.

3. Hot pan. If the pan is hot, you don't need to heat the oil separately. You don't want olive oil to get too hot on its own anyway.

4. 2 minutes for the first side at high heat, then flip for 2 minutes on the other side at high heat, then lower heat to medium, cook for another 3 minutes on that side, then flip back to the original side for another 3 minutes. That might seem like a long time but it works for me on my stove, I cook chicken breasts with this method all the time and the chicken's always juicy. YMMV.

5. For what it's worth, I cooked some suitable veggies (red bell pepper, frozen corn, green onion; would have added tomatoes and/or a handful of black beans but didn't have them) in the browned pan while the chicken rested off the heat. The veggies released some liquid and began deglazing the pan. I added the garlic and lime zest at the end for just a minute (you never want to scorch garlic, and the lime zest is delicate), then added the lime juice for the final deglazing. Meanwhile I had cut up the chicken, and added it back into the pan after the deglazing was complete to make sure it was coated in the lime sauce.

6. Remove from heat and toss with cilantro.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump, thank you!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I made it and it was YUM! thanks again for posting!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vickiaus
    vickiaus Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :sad:
    dn2884.jpg

Boneless Chicken, 3 breasts
    Limes, 3 or 4
    Garlic, 4 to 6 cloves
    Olive Oil
    Cumin
    Cayenne or Chili Powder
    Cilantro, 1/4 cup, snipped

Mince the garlic, snip the cilantro and zest a lime. Juice the lime carcass along with two more limes. Cut a lime into wedges and slice and avocado for the table.
    Cut the chicken into chunks. You can skip this and cook them whole but chunks cook faster.
    Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan, just enough to not quite cover the bottom. Heat it over medium high heat until it’s very hot, almost smoking. Add the chicken and let it cook undisturbed.
    Once the chicken is browned nicely on the bottom and will easily let go of the pan, sprinkle it generously with cumin and chili powder or pepper. Let it cook another minute or two, until the white line has moved about halfway through the pieces.
    Turn the chicken and let it cook another couple of minutes, long enough to brown. Reduce the heat to medium low and sprinkle in the garlic and lime zest. Stir it little and let it cook another couple of minutes but be careful not to let the garlic burn.
    Once the chicken is cooked through add the lime juice and stir up all the browned goodness from the pan.
    Remove the chicken to a bowl or platter and sprinkle it with cilantro.

Info:

Serves 3. per serving

Cals 247, Carb 0, Fat 2, Pro 52