Wireless bras for larger sizes

2»

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    I would suggest looking at Herroom.com, they have a ton of helpful tips on how to pick the right bra style and size for YOUR specific shape and size. On top of that, i believe it is a international website, and have a lot of other helpful features to accommodate that.

With wearing a DDD you need to make sure the bra you are buying is really the right cup. Sizes from company's after D have no regulations for what letter to put on the bra... Some company's use D, DD, DDD... others D, DD, E,... more D, E, F, ... S. So you could be wearing what you think is right but its not really.

it depends on the brand. i find it easier to just stick to a few brands since it takes most of the guess work out of how a size will fit. i also only stick to 1 or 2 styles which also takes out a lot of the guesswork if something is going to fir me or not.

for instance i have a short waist so i have to be careful with full coverage bras because when i sit down the underwire gets pushed up so that it ends up digging into my armpit. that pretty much means i wear demi/balconette styles or full coverage style from wacoal which seems to be good for short waists.

generally speaking, non american manufacturers are best for chicks with small frames but large racks
  • I find that I have to shop around and try different styles and cup shapes in order to get a proper fit. Every manufacturer is a little different and their fit can change from one style to the next. I am also a 36E, and have issues finding bras that keep my 'girls' in place. Demi-cups are fine for going out, but not so great for working or bending over :noway: The Shock Absorber sports bras are fantastic! I love it more than any other sports bra I've ever worn :smile:
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    for instance i have a short waist so i have to be careful with full coverage bras because when i sit down the underwire gets pushed up so that it ends up digging into my armpit. that pretty much means i wear demi/balconette styles or full coverage style from wacoal which seems to be good for short waists.
    Thank you SO much for sharing that! I have the same thing, and I've never tried that manufacturer. I am going to look into it!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    If you have no padding at 36/38 band I suspect you're wearing the wrong size. That is not actually a very small band. I know women dealing with 30G etc. Go and get fitted and they will be a lot more comfortable. :flowerforyou:

Well in store they are - 36 is just about impossible to find, and 38 only moderately better when your DDD+. At least in the stores around here, and several sales people from more than one store have pretty much told me I'd probably be stuck ordering online for the type I want (something that is full coverage that will hold up to a lot of physical movement/activity). So was hoping for some suggestions since I hate to order a bunch of stuff online and then have to go through the hassle of returning if I don't like it, maybe narrow down my choices. I was fitted for a 36DDD (@ LB and a specialty store) and seems to fit fine (I've even tried sizes up/down from that just to see and the only difference is some band sizes are more comfortable in a 38, larger cup and I just end up with extra fabric). Maybe I should try sports bras for work...

If you go up in band size you want to go down in cup size. Normally wear a 36 DDD and decide to try a 38? Go for a DD.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Bumping for resources...

Much online shopping to come tonight!