New here, Introducing myself!

Options
Hi all! I joined this site today in hopes it will help me with my weight loss goals! My name is Rachel and I am 24 years old. I had a baby girl April 27th. I was 150 when I got pregnant (10 lbs heavier than what I would have liked) and I gained a total of 37 lbs.

When I gave birth I weighed 187. Kaylie was 8 lbs 5 ounces. I dropped down to 170 and that is where I am stuck. Admittedly, I could have been more active and watched what I ate. I also thought that the weight would kinda just drop off on its own like it does for most people. Apparently, I am not most people. I hope to lose about 30 lbs and make changes that will stick a lifetime.

Rachel

Replies

• kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site (you'll love it!) and congrats on the baby!!! I have had two children and gained about 30lbs with each. I know it can be frustrating but you are young and as long as you keep active and eat sensibly you will lose the weight. Not sure if it would interest you but you could try something like a salsa baby class or strollersize. They are fun and you get to meet other moms. Good luck!
  • psarah
    Options
    Welcome. You will love this site. Just follow your calories and get moving...it will drop off sooner or later. Don't get discouraged..
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP
  • goldspaula
    Options
    Hi Rachel, and welcome to MFP! This is an amazing site! It will help you balance your calories spent and consumed and if you stay under the total daily budget you will lose the weight!!! Congratulations on getting after it now! I waited way too long after my first pregnancy and before I knew it, I was too big to lose it alone!!! I'm so happy that you are starting now! Congrats on the baby, have a great adventure with MFP.
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP Rachel
  • pandygurl
    pandygurl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your baby girl! I had a baby boy in May, and like you the weight has been sticking. I gained 50lbs and lost half within the first two weeks, but the other half will not budge. I have been on here for a couple weeks now and already lost about seven pounds! So it does work! I will add you as a friend and we can motivate eachother =)