Who else is excited for the OLYMPICS?

Options
2»

Replies

• globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Bottom line.....athletes have worked really hard to get to this stage so I will be supporting them and not Russia and what it stands for politically.

Will be cheering all the nations as i just cant get my head around the absolute level of skill applied to many of the disciplines.....totally impressive and i cannot even ski haha ! A special place in my heart of course will be TEAM GB my home country and host of past summer Olympics which were fabulous.

Oh and did I mention that my brother is in Sochi right now competing in his first Olympics ? TOTALLY PROUD SISTER Watch out for the calorie burn from screeching during his first race next weekend :))))
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    How can you not be proud of Dutch royalty? Keeping it real by going around Sotsji by bike :).

fiets.jpg
    article-2555179-1B4C9CF300000578-291_634x803.jpg
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    Bottom line.....athletes have worked really hard to get to this stage so I will be supporting them and not Russia and what it stands for politically.

Will be cheering all the nations as i just cant get my head around the absolute level of skill applied to many of the disciplines.....totally impressive and i cannot even ski haha ! A special place in my heart of course will be TEAM GB my home country and host of past summer Olympics which were fabulous.

Oh and did I mention that my brother is in Sochi right now competing in his first Olympics ? TOTALLY PROUD SISTER Watch out for the calorie burn from screeching during his first race next weekend :))))

That is awesome!! I can imagine you're so proud!! Keeping my fingers crossed here!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Nope, not watching a single moment for political reasons close to my heart.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options
    How can you not be proud of Dutch royalty? Keeping it real by going around Sotsji by bike :).

fiets.jpg
    article-2555179-1B4C9CF300000578-291_634x803.jpg

Have you seen that picture of Putin drinking with the dutch Royalties @ holland heineken house?
    Putin was just checking out our queen...

Prins Pils op de fiets :happy::drinker:

No, I missed that! But hey, of course he checked her out. I mean, what's not to like?

maxima-jurk-inhuldiging.jpg
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Watching the speed skating right now. So inspiring! These guys have amazing bodies.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Super pumped for the summer games in a couple of years! :love:

I have never cried watching a sad movie/telly series but I full on bawl like a baby whenever I watch any major sporting competitions. The camaraderie among athletes and patriotism just really tugs at my heartstrings especially when the national anthem of the winner's country is being played and the flag rises. It doesn't matter who wins, I get a bit teary regardless :blushing: Maybe it's just me but I find it incredibly amazing at how sports can unite the entire world, largely speaking.

On a less sappy note, my favourite sports to watch are:
    - swimming
    - diving
    - track cycling
  • KentWhiteRabbit
    KentWhiteRabbit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Not excited, but have watched a few bits concerning UK competitors.

Far more excited by the anticipation of the World Cup. Even if England don't do too well I'll be proud that some players from my team will be there for the first time in about 30 years!
  • globegirl08
    globegirl08 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Super pumped for the summer games in a couple of years! :love:

I have never cried watching a sad movie/telly series but I full on bawl like a baby whenever I watch any major sporting competitions. The camaraderie among athletes and patriotism just really tugs at my heartstrings especially when the national anthem of the winner's country is being played and the flag rises. It doesn't matter who wins, I get a bit teary regardless :blushing: Maybe it's just me but I find it incredibly amazing at how sports can unite the entire world, largely speaking.

Agreed totally ! GB Bobsleigh is my brothers team x
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I'll watch a little here and there, but I enjoy the summer Olympics much more.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Can't wait for the men's snowboarding halfpipe today! :drinker: One of my very favorite events!