What is my body shape?

Options

Replies

• echoslug
    echoslug Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Apple or straight /banana but it's difficult to tell when you're carrying extra weight as your body proportions will change with weight loss and increased physical activity.

For example - when I was swimming I was an apple, during college with little attention to diet I was straight/banana and now as I biker I'm a nice spoon.

I guess that's preferable to a mean spork or an unpleasant knife or something.

But since when is a spoon a fruit?

Yeah - you really want to avoid those sporks. Always out to get you. XD

I guess if you want to stick to fruits spoon = pear. And it's a nice spoon because I'm enjoying having a well toned butt that isn't flat as a pancake for the first time ever.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    I would also go with inverted-V shape. A true hourglass is supposed to have 10 inches between the hips/bust and the waist measurement. You can stil have some curves and be an inverted-V and a rectangle.

The principle is that you want to emphasize or down play certain areas and the shape guidelines tells you what tricks will work for you. Thats all it really means. If you want to dress as if you are an hourglass, it may not be the most flattering look but you are welcome to do so. :flowerforyou:

I came up with the same conclusion as you for the same reasons.
    But she doesn't want to be "inverted v". she wants us to say "hourglass".
    I have heard people claim an hourglass is +8in bust&hip to waist.
    Because the op hip measurements are nowhere close to +8in of her waist but her bust is I agree with the inverted triangle.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    humanoid
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    bodyshape is making me hungry

I read angry and was confused, again.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Huh?

I thought this thread was a recipe for fruit salad.

Now I want fruit salad.

Im eating some cantaloupe and strawberries mixed.
    I can share with you Jof!

OP, I second the 'humanoid' comment
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Sundial.
  • DrWhoodles
    DrWhoodles Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    humanoid

Hahaha - this was my thought as well! Nice!
  • donut_mogel
    Options
    I would also go with inverted-V shape. A true hourglass is supposed to have 10 inches between the hips/bust and the waist measurement. You can stil have some curves and be an inverted-V and a rectangle.

The principle is that you want to emphasize or down play certain areas and the shape guidelines tells you what tricks will work for you. Thats all it really means. If you want to dress as if you are an hourglass, it may not be the most flattering look but you are welcome to do so. :flowerforyou:

ts just how some people are saying it makes it sound un desirable and I don't even have a straight up and down figure, wtf? I was curious what I was classified as and my mom basically told me my waist is fat because I'm like 30 pounds overweight.

Damn I should just stick to asking my mom. I remember why I hate people. :laugh:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    humanoid

crazy talk
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

ts just how some people are saying it makes it sound un desirable and I don't even have a straight up and down figure, wtf? I was curious what I was classified as and my mom basically told me my waist is fat because I'm like 30 pounds overweight.

Damn I should just stick to asking my mom. I remember why I hate people. :laugh:

You hate people for not saying you're an hourglass? Or for giving random shapes? They're doing so because body shape does not matter. It's yet another classification used to either shame others or feel bad about yourself.

No one is saying your body is undesirable. No one can even see your body.

I'm not following the "curious about classification" with "my mom said my waist is fat."
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Polygon.

b/c i want it to be that b/c it rhymes with polygamy. or something. what is the opposite of rhyme? i know that's not an anamotapeia and it's not alliteration. OMG i think i lost 15 IQ points last night.

also my husband has a mean spork. just sayin'.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

In to learn how undesirable my body shape is. :frown:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Okay, then the answer is whatever your mother said, or, alternately the answer is whichever answer will make you feel better. Feel better now?

Seriously, nobody is trying to make it sound undesirable.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    You sound similar to my measurements: bust 36.5, waist 27, hips 34. I consider myself inverted triangle :)

Some online calculators will say apple, banana, or hourglass though.... so really we are one of those weird shapes that don't totally fit in to the 'norm'. It's okay though, who wants to be normal :P

The definition for hourglass though tends to be that bust and hips are the same and the waist is 10 inches smaller. By this definition I (and you) are not really an hourglass shape cause our hips are too small :/ oh well, pear shaped people envy us at least lol :P
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    hour glass shaped as your waist comes in which defines your shape - pretty good measurements btw :)

ps I was your weight (same height) when I started with slightly bigger measurements then (was B38/W31/H40 and, I'm now B34/W27/H36 and I consider myself to be hourglass :)

lolno
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

Okay, then the answer is whatever your mother said, or, alternately the answer is whichever answer will make you feel better. Feel better now?

Seriously, nobody is trying to make it sound undesirable.

no kidding. I'm either an inverted v or rectangle.

don't ask if you don't want an answer. and call a wahmbulance for that butthurt.
  • firstsip
    Options
    You sound similar to my measurements: bust 36.5, waist 27, hips 34. I consider myself inverted triangle :)

Some online calculators will say apple, banana, or hourglass though.... so really we are one of those weird shapes that don't totally fit in to the 'norm'. It's okay though, who wants to be normal :P

The definition for hourglass though tends to be that bust and hips are the same and the waist is 10 inches smaller. By this definition I (and you) are not really an hourglass shape cause our hips are too small :/ oh well, pear shaped people envy us at least lol :P

I've frightened my husband with how much I hate my hips. Even "hourglass" people don't always like their shape. But, I feel that one should hopefully learn to love their shape in the same way they should love their brain, their strengths, and even their weaknesses.

Because someone else might envy your a., b., or c. shouldn't be the way to confidence :[
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 558 Member
    Options

I've frightened my husband with how much I hate my hips. Even "hourglass" people don't always like their shape. But, I feel that one should hopefully learn to love their shape in the same way they should love their brain, their strengths, and even their weaknesses.

Because someone else might envy your a., b., or c. shouldn't be the way to confidence :[

I was just making a joke! lol... wow. You don't seriously think I gain my confidence from small hips do you? lol.
  • firstsip
    Options

I was just making a joke! lol... wow. You don't seriously think I gain my confidence from small hips do you? lol.

No, but I think even joking with an OP who appears sensitive about her body about, "Hey, others envy this aspect of you!" might make her feel better for now, but not really help a confidence issue. Worst case scenario, someone hears that and begins body shaming others to make themselves feel better.

I guess the "Others are jealous of you" pat on the head sits ill with me, even if it's a joke, so I said something.
  • birdiecs
    birdiecs Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Rulerish apple, yeah that's a type right.

And no you are not an hourglass, that needs at least 10+ inches between waist and bust/hips and the bust and hips need to be even or within an inch of each other.

Can I go on your mean people list now please and thank.