Ground Turkey

inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
I have half a pound of ground turkey in my refrigerator that I need to use in the next few days. I was thinking of doing something with it for lunch tomorrow. Any ideas?

Replies

• nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    do a search for pf chang chicken. I found one that was AWESOME! And low cal! I used ground turkey as well.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Taco salad, turkey burgers, spaghetti sauce, tacos...

Basically I'll substitute ground turkey for anything that calls for ground beef.

I got a great turkey burger recipe from someone on here -- 20 oz turkey, 1 can green chilis, 1/2 packet taco seasoning mix (or make your own and just use half of what you normally would). We shape into 4 5-oz patties and serve with pepperjack cheese, tomato and avocado. (Um... thanks to whoever shared that recipe!)

ETA: I do 20 oz turkey because that is how it is sold at Aldi... you could do a pound just as easily if that is what is easier for you!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    I like to make Wheat pasta goulash with ground turkey.

Wheat pasta goulash:
    1 lb box wheat pasta, penne or macaroni
    i lb ground turkey
    1 large can stewed tomatoes
    1 can Campbell's healthy request tomato soup
    2 Tbsp diced onion

While waiting for the pasta water to boil, Cook the ground turkey like you're making hamburger for sloppy joes. add diced onion and cook until clear. When you add the pasta to the water, add the tomatoes and the soup to the turkey mixture and heat stirring occasionally. When pasta is done, add tomato mixture and toss to serve.
    Serves 4. Serving size 2 1/2 cups Calories 658 Carbs 91 Fat 22 Protein 35 Sugar 22 Sodium 744

Cook ground turkey
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Last time we had ground turkey mixed it with green peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic, pepper and a little bit of tomato sauce and served it on a bed of lettuce. We've also added in a bit of rice and it's essentially like the inside of a cabbage roll. Hm, could make those as well. Anyway, we loved it. I agree you can use turkey for anything you use ground beef. Chili, taco, etc.
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Ground turkey is awesome. I just had a ground turkey burrito with low-fat cheese on a low-carb wheat tortilla. Suffice to say, the turkey was the most flavorful part of the dish. One personaly favorite of mine is a ground turkey omelet. Just brown up some ground turkey with whatever spices you like, then take half the turkey off and pour on eggs (or egg substitute like I use). When the eggs start to set, pour the rest of the turkey in with some cheese. The juices of the turkey mix with the eggs and make it quite yummy.

I think I'll have one for breakfast. Thanks for the idea!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    I am making stuffed cabbage rolls with ground turkey tomorrow!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    A mini turkey loaf (instead of meat loaf, use the same additional ingredients. Or you can make small turkey balls (instead of meat balls).
This discussion has been closed.