Skinny Sat Challenge....come on....join us!

Options
:flowerforyou: Do you need a weekend boost? I sure do! Many times the weekend is a challenge to get through and we end up undoing everything we worked so hard for through the week. :grumble: Take the Skinny Saturday Challenge and finish your weekend with a smile on your face! :bigsmile: Here's what it entalis:

Think double, double, double! :happy: :happy:
Double your exercise~ :tongue: :tongue:
Double your water intake (within healthy limits)~ :drinker: :drinker:
Double your willpower to stop eating after dinner and log every tidbit that crosses those lips! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:smooched: Just let us know now if you are in....then check in and out when you can tomorrow to let us know how it is going and encourage someone else. Grab a buddy and make the commitment! :heart: There is power in numbers....I know one thing for sure.....

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN! :bigsmile:

Bring it on Mr. Saturday!!! :laugh:

Replies

• ljacobson
    ljacobson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Running a 5 mile race tomorrow morning so that will be a great start to Skinny Saturday..the challenge will be that post race meal :)
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I'm IN! I usually get more exercise in on weekend days than on most weekdays anyhow. I'm preparing for a 4 mile run in two weeks, so I know I'll be getting a good run in at some point tomorrow! Best wishes everyone -- we CAN do this!! :flowerforyou:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am so in!!!! Can't wait!!!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Oh I so want to be in but I am going to a huge craft fair it is in my town we walk from home to town and there is like a 1000 crafter that come. Lots of walking but the problem is there is no healthy food and there is no way I am walking home to eat (would take time away from shoping not good). And even better yet I am going with a good friend and leaving my husban and daughter at home. I will be thinking of you all while I eat my corn dog and minn doughts.
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm so in! Saturday is usually my long run day (check that off) which usually requires more water than usual (check that off too) but my problem is the alcohol during the college football games! Most of the time the food that accompanies the games isn't the healthiest either.

My goal to begin with is to just be conscious about everything I eat and drink and record them all in my diary then go from there.

Good luck everyone!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    jsg: Making a point of being conscious of what you eat is what this is all about. Have fun at the game. If you have a long run you will have extra cals to enjoy at the gane! :tongue:

Nancy: You enjoy yourself at the craft fair. You can always have a Skinny Sunday instead! Friends, crafts, food....enjoy the day! If you want to get your skinny on Sunday, let me know....I am in!:happy:

:smooched: Good luck to all of the rest of us! I have a busy day planned but plan on getting my exercise in early. Then heading to a wedding shower, movie with friend and shopping. My goal is to have a very light supper so I can enjoy some movie popcorn and still keep my skinny on!

:heart: God bless and have a wonderful day! Check in and out to let us know how it is going. Encourage a new friend along the way! We can soooooooooooooooo do this!:flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I'm in!!!! And this time I MEAN IT!!! :tongue:
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing so far this weekend?

I put in a long run on the treadmill, working on drinking more water, and haven't eaten a whole lot yet. I'm hungry and ready for a late lunch now though. Thoroughly enjoying my quiet Saturday! Hope you're enjoying as well.

Best wishes everyone!

~ Chandra

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: OK....calling it! Skinny it is! Good job Mary! Boy Sky....you sound like you mean it! How did you do?

:happy: I made it through! Attended a wedding shower then a movie. Also got a little shopping in imbetween! Finished off at Panera Bread for supper. Had 1/2 turkey sandwich and 1/2 Greek salad. It's all high sodium but boy is it yummy! I have been drinking that water and am feeling pretty good about today. I love Sat. because it is a great day to get a good workout in. So rushed now during the week the workouts have been harder to get in. Boy do I feel better when I get it in.

:heart: :heart: I am so very thankful for the many freedoms we have in this country. On this date of remembrance, my prayers are going up for those who lost precious ones in the terrorist attack on our precious US soil. I cannot imagine the loss they feel. My heart goes out to you. I also pray for protection for those in our armed services who put themselves at risk everyday so we can enjoy the many freedoms we take for granted. Peace and comfort to those who have loved ones overseas fighting for our freedoms. Military families make great sacrifices that take their toll on many. I am a proud military mom and I have walked in your shoes. By the grace of God my son came back safe and sound. I continue to be so proud of our men and women in uniform. Your bravery is unmeasurable. You are truly heros! Thank you and God be with you.:heart::heart:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    How did your "Sk Sat" go? Burned a bunch of calories at Agricise, just finished up on the elliptical. Are you still doing the ellpitical Fabs Have had quarts of water, and lots of veggies. Made Smart Pasta with my homemade veggie loaded spaghetti sauce for lunch.

I am canning tomatoe juice this evening, with veggies added, and low sodium of course. Meant to make tomatoe veggie soup for canning but the tomatoes have hard spots in them so into juice they go.

I am so envious of all you runners, hoping my plantar fasciitis will stand up to this soon. Always on the hunt for the right shoe as they stopped making the ones my feet loved.

Check in and let us know how your day went. Alice