What would happen if you quit today?

Options
Think in the following 3 laps of time

1 month: I would be over 300 pounds

1 Year: My back pains (Cause for my overweight) will incapacitate me to a bed.

5 Years: If i'm lucky, I'll be alive, but too sick to enjoy it, on the other hand I might have a Heart Attack

For me this is a pretty go incentive not to give up!!!

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think if I quit today I'd probably get back up to 220-240 lb range and stay there. I would probably feel about the same but in 10-20 yrs I'd probably have a lot more health concerns than I will if I keep losing.
  • happieharpie
    happieharpie Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to quit. I'm so happy with the way I eat now that even when I mess up, I just want to get right back on track the next day.

As a matter of fact, I DID mess up yesterday, but today I am solidly back in the game- SSSSSSOOOOO-

Today I am doing veggies, fruit nuts and egg/egg whites, and feeling FRISKY!

With a solid dream and a solid goal, There. Is. No. "QUIT"!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to quit. I'm so happy with the way I eat now that even when I mess up, I just want to get right back on track the next day.

This!
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Not criticising at all - I'm just curious - how did your back pain make you eat more food ?
    Was it medication that made you extra hungry?

There are lots of people I know through my community work who can't even walk or exercise at all that are slim.....so I was just wondering...
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Do I detect another fan of the Doctor here? What did you think of the few episodes that came out over the Holidays? I was glad to finally get a Dr Who fix, and liked the plot line of the Day of the Doctor.

Larro
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I've been eating healthy for about five months now, and haven't felt this good in years. I don't ever want to go back to my bad habits. Larro
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I would be depressed, I hate when I can't workout due to injuries ugh. There's no way I would give up, this is my life!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I would be depressed, I hate when I can't workout due to injuries ugh. There's no way I would give up, this is my life!

Ditto. For me 'giving up' would be eating at maintenance at this point... and it would be ok really.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    As the center of the universe, if I quit all life ceases to exist.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If I quit my high blood pressure would come back and my health would continue to deteriorate. I started this because I was afraid my steady weight gain would not stop. I was afraid of what state my health and quality of life would be in. I am fighting for control of my life. I can't stop.
  • 1PrettiNikki
    Options
    Last Friday I had my last cigarette, cut it out cold turkey and picked up eating healthy and working out 6 days a week. If I quit, I'd go right back to smoking and overeating and my confidence would hit the floor and I'd go right back to wishing I could wear whatever I want but doing nothing about it. So in a nutshell, I feel great and like this time the weight will come off and even though it's only been a week, my breathing has improved and I have lost 4 lbs. I feel like I've gone so far in the little time I've been at this to just go back.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I totally painfully gain back 70+ pounds. Struggling the whole way to keep it off with bad eating happens and shaming. Exercising is such a kinder way to treat myself.
  • hmp1130
    hmp1130 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Do I detect another fan of the Doctor here? What did you think of the few episodes that came out over the Holidays? I was glad to finally get a Dr Who fix, and liked the plot line of the Day of the Doctor.

Larro

HUGE DOCTOR WHO FAN HERE!!! (in more ways than one LOL)... I especially LOVE DW10
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm to the point where all of this is natural. I could move on from this site and not miss a beat. I still like logging food, but I can do just fine without this site.

1 month: Powerlifting competiton
    1 year: Half way through bulk
    2 years: Start cut for my bodybuilding compeition
    5 years: NPC pro women's physique
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Not criticising at all - I'm just curious - how did your back pain make you eat more food ?
    Was it medication that made you extra hungry?

There are lots of people I know through my community work who can't even walk or exercise at all that are slim.....so I was just wondering...

Sorry that was not what I meant. What I was trying to say if that my overweight makes me have back pain. Also Big Doctor who fan.

I saw few responses about people that don't want to quit. This post is not about convincing you to quit, but to number the reasons why you should work hard every day. The list i provide first are situations I want to avoid so I eat healthy and work out

People lets enjoy life!!!:drinker: :happy:
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be able to eat 3,400 calories a day.
  • Jessineide
    Options
    I'd be depressed aswell and would get extremely weak. working out has really helped me, i used to get all sorts of weird pains and clicks in my body till i started working out.
  • chism21
    chism21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'd be depressed aswell and would get extremely weak. working out has really helped me, i used to get all sorts of weird pains and clicks in my body till i started working out.

I used to feel the same way I think, I even went to the emergency room once and it turn out to be a nervous break down!

P.S. you are extremely cute
  • Jessineide
    Options
    Aw thank you haha xo
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I gave up today, I'd gain back the weight I lost, and then some. I wouldn't be able to move around as easily as I do now. I'd huff/puff and barely be able to get up the stairs in my house. My back would REALLY hurt. The mean neighbor boy will ask me if I'm pregnant AGAIN. (I've lost 90-ish pounds, and he still asks me that, despite having skin removal surgery.) My family would get back on their bandwagon of badgering. I wouldn't be able to fit in my car.

Really an emotional eater here - I eat when I'm happy, sad, tired, bored, anxious, it's sunny, it's cloudy, it's raining, it's snowing, HEY - that guy just cut me off, is it me or is my car invisible today? Somebody must have just put out an ad on TV with MY phone number as person to call with ALL TIME IDIOT QUESTIONS of the day.....wait, getting onto a different rabbit trail here...LOL

Basically, nothing good would come of it.