Afraid that I am not getting enough Protein(Custom Goals Iss

JDMPWR
JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
That my Nutritional goals are way off. I know I need carbs like I need protein but why is my carb intake almost double what my protein is? I am trying to avoid losing any muscle I have and possibly build muscle while losing weight but I says I only need 40-50grams of protein a day and I have been told to substainmuscle mass it is wise to take in 1gram of protein per pound of mass.

I am dropping weight but to be frank my gut has gone no where and I feel my muscles getting smaller and I feel very weak while doing my exercises.

I feel MFP is good to lose weight but what kind of weight? Muscle or fat? I have set custom goals in my diet but for some reason when I look at them via my iphone for the next day it will say the new amount that I have set but then when I actually get to the next day and start adding food it defaults to the old protein goal #.....any help here?

Replies

• louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    I changed my food ratio goals to 40 protein/40/carbs/20 fat.

to do this : You can go into My Home-->Goals-->change goals-->Custom and change the percentages to what you want.

I nearly always eat more protein than carbs :)

hope this helps.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    I did that as well. It changes it but then reverts back to the old values the next day.

I accidentally set protein at like 280grams so I went back and changed it and saved but now it keeps going back to 280grams.
This discussion has been closed.