Trouble with calories?

Options
Hi! So I've been having difficulties trying to figure out how many calories I should be eating a day to lose weight. I'm an 18 year old female, 5'4, and currently about 127 pounds. I run 20 minutes a day at the least 5-6 days a week. Right now, I try to make sure my net calories are at 1200, but I still find I'm hungry. I'd love to be 110-115 pounds by June. Is this realistic? Should I be eating more or less?
Please help!
Thank you

Replies

• bari24fit
    Options
    Your resting metabolic rate RMR is 1343..
    By cutting down 500 calories per day, you will cut a total of 3,500 calories per week – resulting in the loss of 1 pound of body fat. But never consume fewer than 1,200 calories per day.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Not sure why your fixated on that number you are already a very healthy weight losing the amount you want will actually be pushing you to be under weight. If you're after looking fitter and slimmer you'll be better off concentrating on fitness rather than weight loss. Resistance training will give you better results than losing some vanity pounds. Pop across to the fitness board there is some great advice there
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Why do you strive for almost underweight? I think you need to eat some more food. Your BMR is already 1466, I don't think it's healthy to eat below that. http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
    You are active, that is great! I think body recomp will be better for you, I've had good results from that.