Ladies night treat ideas?!

LauraAkaTigger
LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
Hi all,

I've done well so far losing 14lbs in 4 weeks. So the last thing I want is to mess up my efforts by heading out tonight. We are going to my sisters house first where I'm making low fat mojitos... But I have offered to bring food so I'd like low calorie nibbles.. (And I'll bring some "normal"nibbles for my slim friends!!!

So any ideas for quick and easy nibbles?!

Any suggestions appreciated!!

Replies

• succeedin2
    succeedin2 Posts: 501 Member
    You can do some mini wraps or use the flat 100 calorie bread you can do an array of sandwiches with that, if you life near Trader Joes they have some low fat baked chips that are really good and they also have some nice crackers you can do a bruschetta with jumbo shrimp and make it in a really pretty dish I have a Jumbo Martini Glass lower your fat for the receipe below by using low fat cheese and sun dried tomatoes not packed in oil.

The Cheesecake Factory™ serves one of the best appetizers you’ll ever find. With all of the different ingredients and sauces, these lettuce wraps are perfect for sharing with a group. These make a great dish for bringing to a pot luck. You can do a search and find it even on utube or PF Changs Receipe (Receipe at the bottom)

This is served with Thai chicken satays, julienne carrots, sesame bean sprouts, coconut curry noodles, Thai marinaded cucumbers and butter lettuce leaves to wrap it all up. Include with this three different Thai sauces for dipping. Peanut, sweet red chili and the tangy tamarind cashew sauce.

Fruity Fun Skewers - 5 large strawberries, halved 1/4 cantaloupe, cut into balls or cubes 2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks 1 apple, cut into chunks 20 skewers - Directions - Thread the strawberries, cantaloupe, banana and apple pieces alternately onto skewers, placing at least 2 pieces of fruit on each skewer. Arrange the fruit skewers decoratively on a serving platter. Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving Calories: 61 | Total Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 0mg

Pretzel Turtles - Ingredients - 20 small mini pretzels 20 chocolate covered caramel candies 20 pecan halves - Directions
    Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). - Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel. Bake for 4 minutes. While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Nutritional Information Amount Per Serving Calories: 71 | Total Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Wow!! You gave me loads of great ideas. I'm definitly going to try some of those!!!
This discussion has been closed.